When you come on our Montmartre Food Tour in Paris, you will get to try many different types of French culinary delights, guaranteed to get your taste buds tingling.
- Firstly your local Parisian guide will take you to a chocolate shop where you will have the chance to eat mouth-watering chocolates.
- This visit will be followed by a lovely and local macaron shop of the Montmartre area.
- Your tour will include a stop at a boulangerie where you can sample and learn about classic French breads and baguettes (and why you should never eat a baguette the wrong way around)!
- After the bakery, you will visit the best cheese shop in Abbesses to try Nico's favorite "fromages".
- The tour even includes a visit to a butcher shop, where you can taste succulent French hams and the finest cured sausages.
- You will also go to a creperie for the delicious flavour sensation of eating a french home made crepe.
- Finally, our guide will lead you to our secret place so you can enjoy all the food we have bought along the way. Your guide will pick out the perfect wine to match your food and taste and designed to enhance the whole experience.
- Oh, and of course there is our delicious Secret Dish, too!
If you choose our upgraded drinks package:
- Vouvray sparkling wine
- Cadillac Bordeau Moelleux
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather. This tour doesn't run on Sundays afternoons and evenings and some banks holidays.
Our tour is different from all the food tours you may have done around the world. Our aim in to make the experience as authentic possible, so you eat like a true Parisian. In Paris, its common to shop around for the best ingredients and as such we go from place to place and give you small samples of the food along the way. Your professional guide will buy cheese, wines, cured meat and pastry at each stop and explain all about the food and history of the area. After we have bought all of these delicious foods, we will lead you to a nice and cosy place where you will enjoy all the feast of food and drinks and eat just as a local would do! All the food will be served with quality wines or non-alcoholic beverages if you prefer.
Mondays in France are the day off for most of small businesses, and for that reason our tour is slightly shorter during the shop visits part of the tour, and longer during the seating and tasting part.
We stop by the chocolaterie, macaron shop, bakery, and crêpes shop, but not by the butcher and cheese store. However, on Mondays our guides go to more remote stores (off the route of the tour) to fetch fresh products for you, so that there is no compromise in the quality or quantity of food served. Additionally, at our Secret Stop, the guides will provide you with a thorough explanation about the cheeses you'll be served, and will answer any of your questions as they would have done at the venues.
We chose the Montmartre district for our Paris food tour because of the area's flourishing restaurant scene, historical culture and charming ambiance. In the past, windmills, farming areas and art studios were prominent features of the Montmartre landscape. Now the area is flourishing with first-class wine bars, fine-dining restaurants and rare shops, all adding to its appeal as one of the best and most unique food destinations in the world.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
Our tours are run in english only!
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It's easy! You can book tickets online here. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour, please check your ticket for the starting time. Our culinary tour lasts for 3 to 3 and a half hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And do not forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Paris again!