When you come on our Montmartre Food Tour in Paris, you will get to try many different types of French culinary delights, guaranteed to get your taste buds tingling.
- Firstly your local Parisian guide will take you to a chocolate shop where you will have the chance to eat mouth-watering chocolates.
- This visit will be followed by a lovely and local macaron shop of the Montmartre area.
- Your tour will include a stop at a boulangerie where you can sample and learn about classic French breads and baguettes (and why you should never eat a baguette the wrong way around)!
- After the bakery, you will visit the best cheese shop in Abbesses to try Nico's favorite "fromages".
- The tour even includes a visit to a butcher shop, where you can taste succulent French hams and the finest cured sausages.
- You will also go to a creperie for the delicious flavour sensation of eating a french home made crepe.
- Finally, our guide will lead you to our secret place so you can enjoy all the food we have bought along the way. Your guide will pick out the perfect wine to match your food and taste and designed to enhance the whole experience.
- Oh, and of course there is our delicious Secret Dish, too!
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
Our tour is different from all the food tours you may have done around the world. Our aim in to make the experience as authentic possible, so you eat like a true Parisian. In Paris, its common to shop around for the best ingredients and as such we go from place to place and give you small samples of the food along the way. Your professional guide will buy cheese, wines, cured meat and pastry at each stop and explain all about the food and history of the area. After we have bought all of these delicious foods, we will lead you to a nice and cosy place where you will enjoy all the feast of food and drinks and eat just as a local would do! All the food will be served with quality wines or non-alcoholic beverages if you prefer.
We chose the Montmartre district for our Paris food tour because of the area's flourishing restaurant scene, historical culture and charming ambiance. In the past, windmills, farming areas and art studios were prominent features of the Montmartre landscape. Now the area is flourishing with first-class wine bars, fine-dining restaurants and rare shops, all adding to its appeal as one of the best and most unique food destinations in the world.
How to book a tour with us
It's easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 11am. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for three hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Your guide will stay with you throughout the tour, and you can make requests about any special dietary requirements such as any food allergies or foods you prefer to avoid eating. You can email us about your food needs prior to the tour, or you can inform your guide at the meeting location. And do not forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Paris again!