When you come on the Sunday Shoreditch food tour you will get to sample many delights:
- Firstly, you will stop off at the 24 hour Beigal shop for a doughy satisfaction of freshly baked beigals - which have been the prime attraction since the late 19th century.
- Your local guide will point out some of the main highlights before heading to the famous Ghanaian Cocoa Truffle shop - Here you will be taken to into a Chocolate Heaven with a unique atmosphere! You will be blown away by some of the finest truffles around. You will be spoilt for choice as you pick some of your own delights to indulge in.
- Explore the exciting indoor food market with delightful smells overwhelming as you walk around. When you return, a treat is instore as you try one of the popular Indian dishes around!
- Your personal guide will take you to an Indian savoury store where you will get to try a favourite Indian snack popular within the Asian community.
- If you are lucky enough you will witness some street artists in action!
- The tour will then take you down the narrow-cobbled streets to a historic pub where you will get a chance to sit and try some refreshing Truman's Ale.
- Want to try some of the best Fish and Chips in the East end? - Poppies is the next stop - selling fresh fish and triple cooked chips wrapped in paper printed newspaper - the old-fashioned way!
- What better way to end with a nice cup of English Breakfast Tea and some freshly prepared English deserts (carrot cake / lemon tart / chocolate brownie)
- Oh, and of course we cannot forget the Secret Dish too...
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY Sunday Shoreditch?
We chose Shoreditch for our British East End food tour because of the areas historical culture, artistic street art and charming and indulging food stalls. This once domesticated and exotic outdoor market selling wild animals such as lions cubs has changed dramatically over the years. The areas is a hotspot for locals and tourists who flock to experience the indoor and outdoor food stalls as well as the vintage and one off pieces of items. Walk along the cobbled streets and speak to the locals who still remember what it used to be like when the area was influenced by the Jewish community and when the French Huguenots came to settle.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
Secret Food Tour Shoreditch is a Sunday tour only!
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. The Shoreditch Food Tour departs every Sunday at 11am only. We will send you meeting place details before the day of the tour.
Our culinary tour lasts 3 to 3 and a half hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Don't worry, though: there are no hills and no staircases.
Your guide will stay with you throughout the tour, and you can make requests about any special dietary requirements such as any food allergies or foods you prefer to avoid eating.
You can email us about special dietary requirements prior to the tour. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places and show them to all your family and friends for when they come to London.