When you come on our food tours in London, you will get to try many famous British foods, all guaranteed to get your taste buds tingling.
- Firstly, your local London guide takes you to the exciting Borough Market to soak up the atmosphere and eat some English Fudges/Chocolate. This eating paradise was not even on the tourist foodie radar a few years ago.
- Still around the market, you will try award winning Cumberland Sausages, followed by the best and most fresh Fish and Chips in town (and you will get to see the difference between "chips" and "French fries").
- There is so much to see in the market that your guide will give you 10-20 minutes to look around yourselves, giving you a chance to buy gifts or eat any samples.
- Your personal guide will explain the history of the market and the surrounding areas including Sir Francis Drake's Golden Hind, the Shard and Southwark Cathedral.
- Your tour will continue to a historic pub where you can try the best of British Cheeses, served with Grapes, Fig cakes and Chutneys.
- Washed down with real London Beers, Ales, or delicious Ciders (or non-alcoholic options).
- You will also see the world famous London Bridge and Tower Bridge on the River Thames as well as the Battleship HMS Belfast.
- Finally, the tour ends with classic desserts, such as Cheesecakes, Chocolate Brownies or Sticky Toffee Puddings, all washed down with a pot of refreshing Tea.
- Oh, and of course there's our delicious Secret Dish too!
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY LONDON BRIDGE?
We chose London Bridge because of the area's flourishing market and food scene, mixed with real London life, historic culture and charming ambiance. The area is packed with exciting little back streets, pubs and market stalls, all adding to its appeal as a unique London food destination.
You cannot go to London Bridge without going to Borough Market and seeing the river Thames. During your tour, our guides will entertain you with stories about the area, and by the end, you will have a great understanding of the city's food, its history and culture along with some top tips about the best places to visit.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It's easy! You can book tickets online here. The tour starts at 11am Mon-Sat with a 3pm tour time option available when there are limited spaces left on the 11am tour as well. We will send you meeting place details before the day of the tour.
Our culinary tour lasts 3 to 3 and a half hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Don't worry, though: there are no hills and no staircases.
Your guide will stay with you throughout the tour, and you can make requests about any special dietary requirements such as any food allergies or foods you prefer to avoid eating.
You can email us about special dietary requirements prior to the tour. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places and show them to all your family and friends for when they come to London.