Let our experienced guides bring Sydney to life as they show you the sites and share their local knowledge, leaving you with a happy stomach and hopefully a new group of friends!
- We'll start in the present with modern Australian dining hitting your lips before you have the chance to say 'watermelon'.
- From here we'll cross the rainbow road and visit the iconic gay district, before learning about the history of immigration to the area and its influence on architecture and food
- Next visit is to a quirky venue with locally brewed beer and perfectly paired sharing plates. We could snack and drink here all Sunday afternoon.
- On to the butcher of choice! This stop pairs food and personality to bring you an extremely knowledgeable butcher, evident in the quality of the meat you'll try here.
- It's nice to finish on a sweet note. Finally, we'll sneak off down a leafy side street, collecting a delightful tart and pairing it with a ginger agave cider.
If you choose our upgraded drink package:
- one glass of wine
- one beer
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather
WHY SURRY HILLS?
Surry Hills is an affluent area located close to the centre of Sydney. The suburb has experienced various waves of immigration, particularly from Greece, Portugal and Italy, which is reflected in the foods of the area, and offers some delicious flavors.
Being a wealthier suburb we also see various independent supermarkets and specialty stores. The main foodie street in the area has so many dining options, we have to point some out as we couldn't fit all of the stops in! This means, of course, the stops we have included offer great variety and exceptional quality. Surrounding streets in the area are leafy and green and the architecture creates a lovely vibe.
How to book a tour with us
Hi Foodies - These tours are currently only running for private groups, please contact us for more info
BOOK A PRIVATE TOUR
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It's easy! You can book tickets online here. Our tours begin at 12:00 pm and we will send you the meeting place details the day before the tour. Our culinary tours lasts 3 to 3 ½ hours and they involve a fair amount of walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places for when you come back to Sydney!