Local Tips - Secret Food Tours Istanbul
THANK YOU FOR JOINING US!
We hope you loved your Secret Food Tour: Istanbul! Because we love sharing all our beautiful city has to offer, we've created a list of our guides' favorite places to help you make the most of your time here.
We absolutely love sharing our favorite local gems, so we're giving you an exclusive code for 12% off the next time you join any of our tours in more than 30 cities around the globe.
To redeem, simply enter code HungryForMore when booking your next Secret Food Tour. And since we know how to keep a secret, we won't tell if you share this code with your family and friends. 🤫
WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE A 5 STAR EXPERIENCE.
If you enjoyed the tour, we would love if you'd help spread the word by reviewing us on TripAdvisor or Google . If the tour wasn't up to your expectations, please give us a chance to make it right and email us and a Senior Manager will respond within 48 hours.
- Ottoman Cuisine - Since 1888, Haci Abdullah Lokantasi has served authentic traditional Ottoman Cuisine. Hüseyinaga Mahallesi Atıf Yılmaz Caddesi.
- Traditional Kebab - Sit around the grill and experience traditional Kebab cooking at Zubeyir Ocakbasi. 28, Bekar Sk.
- Traditional Turkish Cuisine - Enjoy the views of the city at the rooftop restaurant of Leb-i Derya while dining in traditional Turkish cuisine. Sahkulu Mahallesi Kumbaraci Yokusu No:57.
- Roasted Marinated Lamb - A must try for all foodies is the woodfire roasted marinated lamb from Sehzade Cag Kebap. Hocapasa sokak no:6
- Rooftop Dining All Day - Rooftop dining all day, the Galata Konak Cafe & Restaurant serves casual breakfast, lunch, and dinner with alcohol-free beverages. Bereketzade Mah, Haci Ali Sok.
TOP LOCAL TIPS
- Public Transportation With A View - The most pleasant, photogenic, and inexpensive way to get to get around Istanbul is by Ferry, they connect the islands and Asian and European sides. Purchase an Istanbul Kart, it's inexpensive and reloadable. It can be used on all forms of public transit.
- Take Five To Save Your Day - A few minutes of pre-planning your visits to some of the best museums, bazaars, mosques, archaeological sites, and other popular destinations could save you money and days of disappointment. Many places are closed on different days of the week and some are free on certain days.
- Cars Not Allowed! - Break away from city chaos, take a ferry to the Princess Islands for a relaxing day trip. Enjoy nature and beautiful views in a carfree environment.
- Walk This Way - Walk along the Bosphorus starting from Besiktas, on your stroll enjoy a Kumpir (Baked Potato) in Ortaköy by the seaside.
- A Maiden Sunset - For the best view of Maiden's Tower and a great sunset visit Üsküdar on the asian side and have a Turkish tea or coffee by the Bosphorus.