Local Tips - Secret Food Tours Budapest
THANK YOU FOR JOINING US!
We hope you loved your Secret Food Tour: Budapest! Because we love sharing all our beautiful city has to offer, we've created a list of our guides' favorite places to help you make the most of your time here.
We absolutely love sharing our favorite local gems, so we're giving you an exclusive code for 12% off the next time you join any of our tours in more than 30 cities around the globe.
To redeem, simply enter code HungryForMore when booking your next Secret Food Tour. And since we know how to keep a secret, we won't tell if you share this code with your family and friends. ðŸ¤«
WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE A 5 STAR EXPERIENCE.
If you enjoyed the tour, we would love if you'd help spread the word by reviewing us on TripAdvisor . If the tour wasn't up to your expectations, please give us a chance to make it right and email us and a Senior Manager will respond within 48 hours.
- Daily Menu In Fenyögyönyge Étterem - In the middle of the forest, you will find a family owned restaurant with a Hungarian style daily menu Monday - Friday. Their fixed three-course meal is filling and will only set you back 3,5€! Budapest, Szépvölgyi út 155 - (1) 325 9783
- New York Café - One of the oldest coffee houses in Budapest is located on the ground floor of the Boscolo Hotel. Opened in 1894, the café served Hungarian aristocrats in regal architectural splendor. Budapest, Erzsébet krt. 9-11, 1073 - (1) 886 6167
- Ghettó Gulyás - One of the best places to try local Hungarian food. Located downtown, next to the Dohány Utcai Synagogue. Budapest, Wesselényi u. 18, 1077 - (20) 376 4480
- Szimpla Garden - An old factory converted into a huge open-air cinema and pub. The first in Budapest's new wave of ruin bars. Budapest, Kazinczy u. 14, 1075 - (20) 261 8669
- Köleves Kert - A lovely atmosphere, highlighting the changes in Budapest culture. Open air and open only Apri - September. Definitely worth a visit. Budapest, Kazinczy u. 41, 1075 - (1) 322 1011
TOP LOCAL TIPS
- Thermal Baths - Leave Pest and visit the Buda side to enjoy one of the best thermal baths in the city. Located across the Liberty in the emblematic Gellért Hotel.
- Sunset Catch - Secret Spot On The Buda Side - As you climb up to Gellért Hill, keep it to your right. At the top you will find a secret balcony with the best view of Budapest and one of the most beautiful sunsets you will ever witness.
- "The Big Whale" Right Next To The Danube - This area is a university hot spot, perfect for trying Hungarian craft beer and enjoying the sunset, this time with the best view from the Pest side.
- Pálvölgyi Barlang - A cave in the city. A very unique experience for everyone who is looking for some adventure.
- Szentendre - Visit the city of painters by taking a boat from Vigadó tér that will take you up through the Danube to this hidden treasure, a beautiful little town by the river where painters used to reside during long summers to create some of the best Hungarian art due its beauty and bohemian landscapes.