Discover the dynamic world of Amsterdam's craft beer scene as you sample some of the city's best brews.
- To start, we'll learn all about the making of Amsterdam's canal system and its function within the city.
- Your first stop is a typical Amsterdam bar with 52 taps pouring exclusively Dutch beer. We'll help you make the difficult choice of which to choose!
- Walking from the Herengracht into the oldest part of the city, we'll tell you about the fascinating history of Amsterdam, and the part that beer has played.
- In this oldest part of the city, we'll stop for our Secret Sips in a bar that was built in 1895 and is still going strong today with a beer menu that changes daily.
- We'll then walk through the center of Amsterdam, passing the Trading House and Dam Square, taking a moment to discuss this historical location.
- Next, we'll visit our first microbrewery for a tasting of four beers.
- After walking through one of the oldest streets in the city, which we also call our little Chinatown, we'll end in another microbrewery to sample three more beers.
When you choose our food upgrade you get:
- Cheese plate
Please note: the itinerary and food choices are subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
Why the Old City?
Our tour starts in the beautiful, historic Canal Area. Our first stop is by the biggest and most interesting of the canals, the Herengracht or Gentlemens Canal, where the wealthy merchants built their palaces during the Golden Age of the 17th century.
We'll also visit the oldest part of the city, dating back to the 12th century, passing the Trading House and Dam Square with the Holocaust Monument, The Royal Palace, and the New Church.
All of these areas are rich in beautiful architecture and fascinating history, the perfect place for a Secret Beer Tour!
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 1:30 pm. We'll send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our Secret Beer Tour lasts 3-3 ½ hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Your guide will stay with you throughout the tour to ensure an informative and fun experience.