When you join us for our Vancouver Secret Food Tour, you will have the opportunity to enjoy some of Vancouver's most iconic food items and see how they evolved.
- To begin, your native Vancouver guide will teach you about the North Shore of Vancouver, where you will see the beautiful waterfront and the mountains.
- Your tour will include a stop at a local sushi restaurant. This is where guests will learn more about the big sushi culture in Vancouver and be able to taste fresh, local sushi.
- After, guests will be guided along the historic streets of Gastown where they can learn about the past and present of this beautiful area. Guests will visit the popular steam clock.
- After exploring, we will stop for a filling and flavourful dish of poutine. But not just any one, this one hits the spot!
- Along the way, your guide will share with you some more trends and tales of the city before stopping in for a delicious vegetable based dished.
- We will then enter the most beautiful square in the city where you'll learn more about the founder of Gastown and have the opportunity for pictures. Guests will learn about maple syrup and its importance in Canada.
- We'll finish the tour with some refreshing ice cream and be shown a great bar for local beers.
- Oh, and, of course, there is our amazing Secret Dish, as well!
If you choose our upgraded drinks package:
Indulge in regional wines and beer that pair well with the food you'll be served. This package is available for purchase as an addition to the food package.
- 2 unique, local craft beer or cider options, or sake if you're feeling brave
- A delicious cocktail called The Caeser (A must-have Canadian favorite)
*This package is only offered to adults age 19 and older (legal drinking age is 19 in Ontario).
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations' availability and weather. Our tour is different from all the food tours you may have done around the world. Our aim is to make the experience as authentic as possible, so you eat like a native Vancouverer. In Vancouver, it's not uncommon to eat on the run, but we are fortunate to be able to sit and enjoy most of what you will sample on the tour. Your professional guide will share with you a wealth of information, not only about the fare you will enjoy, but also about each venue and the secret history of this iconic Vancouver neighbourhood.
WHY The Gastown?
Gastown is one of the most stylish neighbourhoods in the world and the first settlement of Vancouver. Its cute, European style streets make you feel like you are in a different country. Best yet, the trendy shops, bars, nightclubs and restaurants bring a unique culture to the area that can entertain anybody. Learn about the first original settlement of Vancouver and how it almost didn't survive to tell the tale on multiple occasions. Discover its rough and rocky past and how it has turned the corner to become a hip and trendy area with many attractions for both locals and tourists. Come see this area for yourself and enjoy some of the delicacies that Vancouver is so well known for. Vancouver's large Asian population and proximity to the ocean, has resulted in it being home to the most authentic and freshest sushi in North America.
How to book a tour with us
Hi Foodies - These tours are currently only running for private groups, please contact us for more info
BOOK A PRIVATE TOUR
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It's easy! You can book tickets online here. Our tours begin at 11 a.m. and we will send you the meeting place details the day before the tour. Our culinary tours lasts 3 to 3 and a half hours and they involve a fair amount of walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places for when you come back to Vancouver!