When you join us for our Toronto Secret Food Tour, you'll get to try some authentic cuisine, as well as some unique takes on some old favourites all while you explore Canada's largest city!
- We shall start with the oldest market in Toronto, the St. Lawrence market as we try a classic Canadian Peameal Bacon BLT sandwich.
- You will get to explore the market where you will have photo opportunity and the chance to buy some authentic Canadian goods.
- Our uniquely Canadian secret bite will be revealed.
- We shall taste a comfort food to many Canadians of British descent, fish and chips.
- Smoked duck pizza with fresh rosemary is another Canadian comfort food you will be tasting. It will make your mouth water - guaranteed!
- Just steps from the beautiful Berczy Park, we stroll past important landmarks and historical sites.
- And our Toronto Food Tour will end on a sweet note near the Hockey Hall of Fame!
If you choose our upgraded drinks package:
Which provides the opportunity to try regional wines and beer that pair well with the dishes. This package is available for purchase as an addition to the food package.
- A glass of Niagara regional red wine or a glass of craft beer brewed in Toronto
- A glass of classic Canadian brewed beer or a glass of Niagara white wine
*This package is only offered to adults age 19 and older (legal drinking age is 19 in Ontario).
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations' availability and weather. Our tour is different from all the food tours you may have done around the world. Our aim is to make the experience as authentic as possible, so you eat like a native Torontoer.
In Toronto, it's not uncommon to eat on the run, but we are fortunate to be able to sit and enjoy most of what you will sample on the tour. Your professional guide will share with you a wealth of information, not only about the fare you will enjoy, but also about each venue and the secret history of this iconic Toronto neighbourhood.
WHY The St. Lawrence Market?
As Toronto's oldest market, the St. Lawrence Market's property has had a market as early as 1803.The building itself has many its original structure built in 1845. We chose this spot as our main focal point on our tour because it still remains a place for history, culture and is a part of Toronto's identity.
The area that was built around this market is reflective of how old and new can coexist in cuisine, architecture and history. This is the best place to discover some of Toronto's finest cuisine at the same time as learn more about the city's fascinating history!
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It's easy! You can book tickets online here. Our tours begin at 11 a.m. and we will send you the meeting place details the day before the tour. Our culinary tours lasts 3 to 3 and a half hours and they involve a fair amount of walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places for when you come back to Toronto!