From our Secret Food Tours in Tokyo, you will get to savor many different types of culinary delights, that showcase locals' most loved foods.
- The tour begins with walking the busy local street under the train tracks. We will visit one of the most popular sushi shops and enjoy some freshly made sushi.
- Then, we will take you to one of the most renowned meat shops where you taste our local version of a Meat Croquette - a popular & delicious snack for locals.
- Stroll along the busy street with local food stalls selling a variety of Japanese foods. We stop by a traditional Japanese tea house to taste a cup of Japanese green tea for a palate refresher.
- Stop by an elegant restaurant to have a traditional Japanese lunch set with seasonal delicacies served by waitresses wearing Kimonos. Two types of Japanese tea and a dessert will be served.
- We proceed and pass by an old traditional shop (established over 300 years ago) selling preserved pickles with homemade recipes.
- To help digest and make room for more samples, we will stroll in Ueno Park. Here we get a glimpse of historic temples and shrines. Ueno Park, now the most popular city park and cultural hub of Japan, is "the Remains of the Days" of Edo, Samurai's old Tokyo.
- Next up we visit a popular Gyoza shop to taste our local and beloved fried dumplings.
- We will continue on and try the famous local Yakitori (skewers) served with a glass of draft beer. This is the most common place for local Japanese to get together for a drink after work.
- As an ending to the tour we have a refreshing taste of seasonal fruit for dessert.
If you choose our upgraded drink package:
- One glass of Japanese Draft Beer served with Gyoza
- One glass of traditional Japanese sake to be served at the secret place
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather
Why the Ueno District?
Located north-east of the heart of Tokyo, Ueno has been a perfect destination for those who desire good food and cultural exploration. What makes Ueno distinctively unique is its dynamic blend of contrasts; chaos and serenity, urban development and natural beauty, modernity and tradition, common touch and nobility.
Ueno Park is located on what was once the grounds of the largest, most prestigious temple in Edo (old Tokyo), from the 17th to 19th century. It is one of the most beloved cherry-blossom viewing spots in Tokyo. Local Japanese and tourists flock together for shopping and eating at its nearby district Ameyoko, where you will find a countless number of unique bars and dining places.
While tasting the foods and enjoying the atmosphere of the area, you will find yourself becoming welcomed as a local in this friendly community.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It's easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 11 a.m. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3 to 3 ½ hours and each one involves some walking so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places for when you come back to Tokyo!