When you join our Secret Food Tours: Singapore, you'll sample a variety of authentic Asian foods, guaranteed to surprise and delight.
- First, we'll take you to a small shop to try Singapore's most famous dish: bak kwa, a salty-sweet dried pork.
- Next you'll try a local snack — a curry puff, which is a very popular among Singapore's residents.
- You'll then go on to visit a traditional Singaporean coffee shop to taste your choice of local milk tea or coffee, served with a slice of beloved kaya toast.
- We'll then make our way to a covered market called a "hawker center", where you'll explore the variety of foods available as you do some tastings. Your guide will select the best bites for you to try, including chicken rice. You'll learn what makes these dishes so popular.
- After visiting the lovely Buddha Tooth Relic Temple, we'll turn onto the food street to experience local dishes like fried carrot cake, Indian prata paired with curry sauce, and Singapore fried prawn noodle, served with a can of Singapore Tiger Beer.
- Your time in the Chinatown food street will end with our signature Secret Dish, a local dessert, that can't be missed.
If you choose our upgraded drinks package:
- Upgrade from a can to a large bottle of local beer
- Coconut water from a freshly open coconut
- Sugar cane juice
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
You cannot come to Singapore and leave without visiting Chinatown!
This area is a must-see because every street is full of history. Your local guide will tell you the stories behind the famous and colourful shophouses. After that, you'll visit the covered market known as a "hawker center" where you'll discover a variety of food and, of course, enjoy some of the best local bites.
How to book a tour with us
Hi Foodies - These tours are currently only running for private groups, please contact us for more info
BOOK A PRIVATE TOUR
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 11 a.m. but we ask you to meet your guide at 10.50 a.m. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 2 ½ to 3 hours and involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Singapore again.