Whether you're a wine novice or a wine enthusiast, our Secret Urban Wine Tour: Rome is a can't miss experience. We'll introduce you to the complex and rich world of the Italian Wines, while leading you on a journey through time.
- We'll venture across Monti district, Rome's most traditional rione, where local artisans, trendy shops and traditional restaurants live together in harmony.
- Only a few steps away from the Colosseum and the Roman Forums, we'll then lead you along the hidden cobblestone streets, rich in ancient remnants and beautiful hidden views of the Roman ruins.
- You'll get to taste 6 iconic Italian wines (including Prosecco, Nebbiolo, Nero D'avola, & Rosè), in 3 different "enotecas" (wine bars) where your guide, an expert sommelier, will reveal the stories behind our wines and their unique heritage, as well as exploring the winemaking techniques, and little known facts about several of the wines you'll be enjoying.
- Through winding streets and hidden alleyways, you'll find yourselves gazing at the Roman ruins at sunset, tasting our amazing Secret Sip, a favourite wine of the ancient Romans.
- The tour includes pairings at each stop, but does not consist of a full meal. If you want to enhance your Urban Wine Tour experience, consider adding the food upgrade.
- Small, intimate groups (up to 8 people)
If you've ever done a wine tour, you'll know that sometimes they can be stuffy and even a little intimidating. Our Secret Urban Wine Tours: Rome is a completely different and unique experience, designed for learning about Italian Wine culture and tasting wine in an atmosphere that is comfortable and relaxing.
We want you to ask questions, enjoy your experience, sample new varieties, and finish the tour with an appreciation of local wines. Our goal is to introduce you to Italian wine regions and the wines they produce, while providing a fun and memorable experience. Remember, the best wines are the ones you enjoy, and every glass of wine tastes better when you're sharing it with friends. Our guide, a local sommelier, will help to make your wine experience truly unforgettable.
When you choose our Rome Appetizer Food Upgrade you'll receive:
- Smoked Salmon Bruschetta, with cheese and rocket salad
- Assortment of Italian cured meats
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY THE MONTI DISTRICT?
On this Urban Wine Tour we'll be exploring the backstreets of Old Imperial Rome, the Suburra, a popular district where even the Emperors ventured in disguise in search of the real voice of the people of Rome. Nowadays Monti (as we call it today) became the place to find the coolest shops, restaurants and wine-bars of Rome. Only a few steps away from Colosseum, Monti still manages to remain an undiscovered place of magic, hidden off-the-beaten track amongst ruins that have stood for thousands of years.
In the shadow of the arches and columns, you'll feel like you're returning to the time of the gladiators, emperors and the citizens going about their business. We'll lift our glasses and toast just as they did, in the times before.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 5:30 p.m. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our wine tour lasts for 2 ½ to 3 hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear.
Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And do not forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Rome again.