In a lazy Sunday morning in Rome, what is better then getting guided into the small backstreets of the old city centre, discovering all the hidden gems and savoring all the best foods that the Roman cuisine offers? Our tour lasts around 3 to 3 and a half hours and start at 11am in front of the Pantheon.
- Firstly, your local Italian guide will take you to one of the oldest cafés of Rome, famous for the perfect roasting of coffee just around the Pantheon ( a perfectly preserved 2000 years old Roman temple ), to soak up the atmosphere and taste the speciale, a "brewed to perfection" Italian cappuccino or espresso.
- You will try the best and freshest "pizza by the slice" in town (three types) and how learn how to recognize a traditional Roman pizza. You will also try the surprising Supplí, fried risotto balls, right on the spot!
- Your local guide will explain the history of the Pantheon and show you the place where Julius Caesar was killed that 15th of March of the 44 B.C., and where the Emperor Augustus, his adoptive child, mourned his beloved nephew.
- You will visit the oldest Market in town, existing since 15th century, and sample the the fresh products of the Roman countryside.
- Visit one of the oldest gourmet shops of hams and salami and taste 8 different kinds of the finest Roman meats and cheeses, paired with the best Italian wines.
- You will go to a traditional Roman restaurant in the old Jewish quarter, taste two typical Roman pastas, and learn how to prepare a perfect Carbonara.
- You will visit the ruins of an old Roman Theater and learn the history of the oldest Jewish community in the world.
- Nothing better to finish the tour with a wonderful artisanal Gelato, made with the freshest ingredients, in the most charming area of Rome.
- Oh, and of course there is our delicious Secret Dish, too!
When you choose our upgraded drinks package you get:
Three Drinks Package 12.5€:
- Prosecco DOC or Spritz
- Italian Lager Beer
- Italian Organic Wines
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
Why the Historical Centre?
The historical centre of Rome it's been since 2000 years ago the centre of the most incredible civilization of the past. Emperors, Popes and then Kings strived to leave a sign on the Eternal city, to have their names been written on stone and remembered forever . Men and women coming from all the part of the world made this part of Rome the richest in terms of histories and traditions, and of course local foods, if you know where to go. Plus, given its very central location, we can show you more than one area, including the famous Pantheon, Campo dei Fiori, and the Jewish Ghetto.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 11am. Our culinary tour lasts 3 to 3 and a half hours and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Your guide will stay with you throughout the tour, and you can make requests about any special dietary requirements such as any food allergies or foods you prefer to avoid eating. You can email us about special dietary requirements prior to the tour. And do not forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places and show them to all your family and friends for when they come to Rome.
In case of allergy to gluten or lactose, we ask you to inform us before booking, emailing us at [email protected] before booking.