In a lazy Sunday morning in Rome, what is better then getting guided into the small backstreets of the old city centre, discovering all the hidden gems and savoring all the best foods that the Roman cuisine offers? Our tour lasts around 3 to 3 ½ hours and start at 11am in front of the Pantheon.
- We'll start by meeting in front of the Pantheon, the oldest and most well-preserved Roman temple, to learn how the Roman buildings are still used 2000 years later.
- Next, your local Roman guide will take you to Piazza Navona, where you'll visit one of the oldest cafés in Rome, famous for their perfectly roasted of coffee, to soak up the atmosphere and sample the special: brewed-to-perfection Italian cappuccino or espresso.
- You'll try some of the best and freshest pizza by the slice in town, and earn how to recognize a traditional Roman pizza. You'll also get to try supplí, which are fried risotto balls.
- Your guide will teach you about the history of the Pantheon, and show you where Julius Caesar was killed, and where Emperor Augustus mourned his beloved nephew.
- We'll continue our tour at the oldest market in town, operating since the 15th century, to sample the the best Pecorino Romano cheese, directly from the producers.
- We'll visit one of the most famous gourmet shops for hams and salami, and taste different kinds of the finest Roman meats and cheeses, paired with the best Italian wines.
- Next, we'll go to a traditional Roman restaurant near the old Jewish quarter to taste two typical Roman pastas, and learn what make the difference when you prepare them.
- There's no better way to finish your tour than with an artisanal gelato, made with the freshest ingredients in the most charming area of Rome.
- Oh, and of course there is our delicious Secret Dish, too!
When you choose our upgraded drinks package you get:
- Prosecco DOC or Spritz
- Italian lager beer
- Rosolio, digestive Sicilian liqueur
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
Why the Historical Centre?
The historical centre of Rome it's been since 2000 years ago the centre of the most incredible civilization of the past. Emperors, Popes and then Kings strived to leave a sign on the Eternal city, to have their names been written on stone and remembered forever . Men and women coming from all the part of the world made this part of Rome the richest in terms of histories and traditions, and of course local foods, if you know where to go. Plus, given its very central location, we can show you more than one area, including the famous Pantheon, Campo dei Fiori, and the Jewish Ghetto.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 11am. Our culinary tour lasts 3 to 3 ½ hours and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And do not forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places and show them to all your family and friends for when they come to Rome.
In case of allergy to gluten or lactose, we ask you to inform us before booking, emailing us at [email protected] before booking.