When you come on our Secret Food Tours in Rome, you will get to try many famous Italian dishes, all guaranteed to get your taste buds tingling.
- Firstly, your local Italian guide will take you to a delightful little café at the world famous Piazza Navona, to soak up the atmosphere and taste "brewed to perfection" Italian cappuccino or espresso.
- Next you will try the best and most fresh pizzas in town (three types).
- Your personal guide will explain the history of the square and the surrounding areas including the Jewish Ghetto, Campo dei Fiori the oldest market in town, the medieval and intimate "off the beaten paths" neighbourhood, until the Jewish Ghetto, the birthplace of Roman cuisine.
- Your tour will continue to a shop that specialises in Supplí, fried risotto balls and you will take a trip to the fantastic vegetable market at Campo Dei Fiori.
- See the world-famous Roman ruins, Isola island and many other monuments.
- Taste two typical Roman pastas including Carbonara, in a small restaurant near the old Jewish quarter.
- Enjoy the finest Italian hams, salamis and cheeses near the Roman Bridge, a secret place only known by the locals.
- Finally, the tour ends with real Sicilian gelato in the beautiful area of Trastevere.
- Oh, and of course there is our delicious Secret Dish, too!
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
Why the Historical Centre?
We chose the historical centre of Rome because it has the most to offer in terms of culture, history and of course wonderful food. This is where most of the fascinating Roman ruins are found, many of them well over 2000 years old, and the food is just delicious if you know where to go. Plus, given its very central location, we can show you more than one area, including the famous Piazza Navona, Campo dei Fiori, the Jewish Ghetto.
How to book a tour with us
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 11am. Our culinary tour lasts three hours and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Your guide will stay with you throughout the tour, and you can make requests about any special dietary requirements such as any food allergies or foods you prefer to avoid eating. You can email us about special dietary requirements prior to the tour. And do not forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places and show them to all your family and friends for when they come to Rome.