After a long day of sightseeing, picture yourself going through the narrow streets of the historical centre of Rome with our local guide to eat the best food that Rome can offer. Our tour lasts around 3 hours and start at 5pm.
- You will try the best and freshest pizzas in town (two types) and how to recognise a traditional Italian pizza.
- Then your local guide will explain the history of the square and the surrounding areas including the Trastevere, Campo dei Fiori and the Jewish ghetto.
- Your tour will continue to a shop that specialises in Supplí, fried risotto balls. It is going to surprise you!
- The beautiful monuments of the centre of Rome are even more beautiful by night. You will see the world-famous Roman ruins and many other monuments.
- You will go to a small restaurant in the old Jewish quarter to taste two typical Roman pastas including Carbonara.
- In one of the best delicacy shop in Rome you will enjoy the finest Italian hams, salamis and cheeses, paired with the best wines.
- Nothing better to finish the tour with a wonderful Gelato, made with the freshest ingredients, in the most charming area of Rome.
- Oh, and of course there is our delicious Secret Dish, too!
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
Why the Historical Centre?
We chose the historical centre of Rome because it has the most to offer in terms of culture, history and of course wonderful food. This is where most of the fascinating Roman ruins are found, many of them well over 2000 years old, and the food is just delicious if you know where to go. Plus, given its very central location, we can show you more than one area, including the famous Piazza Navona, Campo dei Fiori, the Jewish ghetto and Trastevere.
How to book a tour with us
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 5pm. Our culinary tour lasts three hours and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Your guide will stay with you throughout the tour, and you can make requests about any special dietary requirements such as any food allergies or foods you prefer to avoid eating. You can email us about special dietary requirements prior to the tour. And do not forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places and show them to all your family and friends for when they come to Rome.