In our Rio Food Tour, you will experience gostosos (delicious) and different flavours from Rio and other parts of Brazil.
- We start at Cinelândia, with its beautiful surrounding buildings where you taste a typical snack called "pastel".
- Then you will try the exotic flavour of a typical amazonian fruit.
- Next, we go to see the amazing Arcos da Lapa (Carioca Aqueduct) and the famous Selaron Stairs while experimenting soft pães de queijo (cheese bread).
- After taking a taxi to go up to the artistic neighborhood of Santa Teresa, the tour goes on to an authentic Carioca boteco (Rio bar) where you will try a snack brought from Portugal that gets even more delicious with cold brazilian beer.
- Your tour includes some sweet refreshing desserts in an authentic local shop/restaurant.
- The discovery of Santa Teresa and its gastronomy continues as you will be taken to try our secret dish (seat down meal).
- The tour can't end without a refreshing cold caipirinha in our secret place with an outstanding view of the city.
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY Santa Teresa?
Santa Teresa is one of the most unique neighborhoods of Rio de Janeiro with its beautiful and colourful houses that nowadays hosts artists studios, handcraft stores and authentic bars and restaurants.
It is a lively artistic place located on a hill that represent the true Carioca soul. Going to "Santa" is like a return to the past with its narrow streets and original bondinho (tram) from the XIX century.
The neighborhood is also one of the top destinations for food lovers, since it gathers dishes from all parts of Brazil.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 11:30 AM. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3 to 3 and a half hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Your guide will stay with you throughout the tour, and you can make requests about any special dietary requirements such as any food allergies or foods you prefer to avoid eating. You can email us about your food needs prior to the tour, or you can inform your guide at the meeting location. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Rio de Janeiro again!