When you come on our Prague Secret Food Tour, you will get to try the most signature meals of Czech cuisine, all guaranteed to get your taste buds tingling.
- We meet at "Malostranské náměstí" and make our way to a traditional Czech butcher for a Charcuterie sampler.
- As we walk through narrow streets and picture worthy backdrops, let us take you for a walk under the water to our next location.
- Our next stop is to sample a modern take on a traditional soup.
- Let's enter a hidden park with an assortment of animals and have a shared-food experience.
- Before we get too full to appreciate our Czech sweets, we will visit a place set in another time to sample an unusual pancake and wine.
- Sugar and wine fortified, we walk through "The Venice of Prague," and discover its hidden gems and secrets.
- What does a famous English rock star and a form of Communism, with an emphasis on the dictatorship of the proletariat have in common? Find out at our next spot.
- We stroll through Kampa park on our way to a pub for traditional Czech dishes and local beer.
- We will sample and learn all about our beloved dumpling, "Knedlíky." Then surprise you with its sweet counterpart.
- Oh, and of course there's our delicious Secret Dish too!
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather. Our tour is different from all the food tours you may have done around the world. Our aim in to make the experience as authentic as possible, so you eat like a native Pragueer. In Prague, it's not uncommon to eat on the run, but we are fortunate to be able to sit and enjoy most of what you will sample on the tour. Your professional guide will share with you a wealth of information, not only about the food you will enjoy, but also about each venue and the secret history of this iconic Prague neighborhood.
WHY MALÁ STRANA AREA?
We selected Malá Strana as our tour location because it is one of the greenest and most historically interesting part of our city. Originally founded as "New Town" in the 13th century, it was created as a royal town and the King invited expelled German craftsmen and merchants to settle here. During its turbulent history this area was destroyed by Hussites in 1419, and burned to the ground again in the 16th century. What we have today is a city rebuilt from the ashes in the Renaissance style with some of the most stunning Baroque architecture in the world. This historic district set against the Vltava River is filled with hidden churches, palaces, narrow streets, and beautiful parks. Czech culture was literally created here, famous writers and composers lived in this district and used the area for inspiration to create masterworks that have stood the test of time.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It's easy! You can book tickets online here.Our tours begin at 11am and we will send you the meeting place details the day before the tour. Our culinary tours lasts 3 to 3½ hours and they involve a fair amount of walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Your guide will stay with you throughout the whole tour and will make arrangements to accommodate any special dietary restrictions. Please, email us about your food needs prior to the tour, if unable to do so, please inform your guide at the meeting location before the tour starts. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places for when you come back to Prague!