When you come on our Prague Secret Food Tour, you will get to try the most signature meals of Czech cuisine, all guaranteed to get your taste buds tingling.
- We meet at "Malostranské náměstí" and make our way to a traditional Czech deli for a Czech hot dog — párek v rohlíku.
- Our next stop is to sample a modern take on a traditional soup.
- We take the scenic route to our next stop, walking through picture-perfect narrow streets and passing by some of the city's most interesting and famous sculptures.
- Next, we walk back in time to sample an unusual pancake and wine.
- Wine fortified, we walk through "The Venice of Prague," and discover its hidden gems and secrets.
- Learn about the legends and mysteries surrounding the Charles Bridge.
- We stroll through Kampa Park on our way to a pub for traditional Czech dishes and local beer.
- We sample and learn all about our beloved and delicious dumplings, "Knedlíky."
- To top things off, we go to a lovely cake shop located in a beautiful, historical building.
- Oh, and of course there's our signature Secret Dish too!
If you choose our upgraded drinks package:
- Shot of "Domestic Rum"
- Traditional digestive liquor
- Large beer
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather. Our tour is different from all the food tours you may have done around the world. Our aim in to make the experience as authentic as possible, so you eat like a native Pragueer. In Prague, it's not uncommon to eat on the run, but we are fortunate to be able to sit and enjoy most of what you will sample on the tour. Your professional guide will share with you a wealth of information, not only about the food you will enjoy, but also about each venue and the secret history of this iconic Prague neighborhood.
WHY MALÁ STRANA AREA?
We selected Malá Strana as our tour location because it is one of the greenest and most historically interesting part of our city. Originally founded as "New Town" in the 13th century, it was created as a royal town and the King invited expelled German craftsmen and merchants to settle here. During its turbulent history this area was destroyed by Hussites in 1419, and burned to the ground again in the 16th century. What we have today is a city rebuilt from the ashes in the Renaissance style with some of the most stunning Baroque architecture in the world. This historic district set against the Vltava River is filled with hidden churches, palaces, narrow streets, and beautiful parks. Czech culture was literally created here, famous writers and composers lived in this district and used the area for inspiration to create masterworks that have stood the test of time.
How to book a tour with us
Hi Foodies - These tours are currently only running for private groups, please contact us for more info
BOOK A PRIVATE TOUR
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It's easy! You can book tickets online here. Our tours begin at 11am and we will send you the meeting place details the day before the tour. Our culinary tours lasts around 3½ hours and they involve a fair amount of walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places for when you come back to Prague!