When you join our Secret Food Tours: Porto, you'll have the opportunity to taste some of the city's most unique foods, as well as some exclusive wines, like our world famous Port.
- To start, your local Porto guide will take you to a "Confeitaria" for a portuguese traditional cake — sponge cake — accompanied by an espresso coffee.
- Next, we'll stop at a city market where you'll delight yourselves with a sardine served with olives and tomato sauce, and a glass of vinho verde, an exclusive white wine from the northwest region of Portugal.
- We'll follow the path to the heart of the city for the best bifana in town, a sandwich filled with thin slices of pork.
- We'll then find ourselves in a transitional zone between the city center and the medieval city, ready to taste a unique dish from Porto: the "francesinha". This appetizer is made with beef, melted cheese, and a spicy sauce, and will be served with a lambreta (small glass of Portuguese draft beer)
- From S.Bento train station and its fabulous collection of Portuguese blue tiles, we'll let ourselves flow through the narrow medieval streets of the city, classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- And as always, our delicious Secret Dish.
- The tour cannot end without tasting a 10 years Old Tawny Port wine, the most famous wine of Portugal. We'll taste this excellent winewith an astonishing view of the Douro River.
If you choose our upgraded drink package:
- An extra white wine (vinho verde)
- A large draft beer
- An extra glass of old tawny Port wine
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY DOWNTOWN PORTO AND RIBEIRA?
We chose these two districts because of their strong identity within the city and their unique atmospheres, delicious food, famous wine, and interesting culture.
We'll step back in time to explore the city's 18th, 19th and 20th century areas as well as the medieval area, classified by UNESCO.
Through the narrow streets of the Ribeira neighborhood, we will find the magnificent scenes of the Douro River crossed by the famous iron Dom Luís I Bridge.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It's easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 10 a.m. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3 to 3 ½ hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And do not forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Porto again.