On our Secret Food Tour: Philadelphia, you'll get to try the city's world-renowned foods and some of the dishes that locals consider city favorites as well, giving you all the best that Philly has to offer.
- You'll taste and see the diversity of gastronomy in the expansive market, where you'll try a sourdough soft pretzel topped with aromatic fennel seeds, an innovative twist on a Pennsylvania favorite from a local artisanal bakery.
- And since it wouldn't be a real Philly tour without a cheesesteak, we have the freshest cheesesteak in Reading Terminal Market for you with gooey provolone cheese on a roll baked the same morning.
- Next you'll discover the influence of other cultures in Philly as we walk through the Friendship Arch in Chinatown and enjoy an authentic Malaysian dish called Nasi Lamak, a serving of fragrant mildly spicy curry chicken accompanied with coconut sticky rice, and flavorful condiments.
- After that we will make our way to a secret stop to try a dish that's been made the same way since the 1860's
- From there we will make our way back to the lovely Reading Terminal Market to taste a deliciously warm spiced apple Dumpling topped with fresh whipped cream, from the Amish owned Dutch Eating Place.
- For our final bite we will have some of Elizabeth's Fresh Butter Cake fr the famous Flying Monkey Bakery.
If you choose our upgraded drink package:
- Philadelphia pale ale
- Apple cider mixed with apple brandy
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
Why Center city & Old city?
These two areas are very representative of the evolution of the city since its founding by William Penn in 1682. From Philly's most famous landmarks like City Hall to the bustling Chinatown neighborhood and Reading Terminal Market, Center City is undoubtedly the heart of the City of Brotherly Love.
Old City is home to historical monuments such as the resting place of Benjamin Franklin, Betsy Ross' house, and the picturesque Ellfrey's Alley, the longest continually inhabited street in the USA. No visit to Philadelphia is complete until you've traversed the cobblestone streets of this district.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It's easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 11:00 a.m. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3-3 ½ hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Philly again.