When you join us for our Secret Pizza Tours NYC East Village, you will to enjoy some of the world's best takes on pizza.
- To begin, your native New York guide will introduce you to our Secret Dish, a truly unique take on what we in the Big Apple call a "square" slice.
- We'll continue our tour at a Lebanese café where we'll indulge in manakeesh, aka Lebanese pizza
- Next, we'll stroll down one of the most storied streets of the East Village, St. Mark's Place, as well as a jaunt through historic Tompkins Square Park. We'll check out some of the coolest street art in the city as well.
- After you've revved up your appetite a bit, you will get to literally break bread while partaking in the mouth-watering khachapuri, or Georgian-style pizza, sent with love all the way from the Caucasus.
- We'll finish up our pizza tasting adventure with both a delightful twist on a New York classic — a "white slice" with pepperoni, along with our most classic slice, a delectable rift on the timeless classic Margherita.
- Along the way, your guide will share with you some of the East Village's secret history and how it has changed over time. One thing that has remained unchanged is its incredible artistic and food culture!
- Oh, and, of course, what would savory be without a little sweet? We end our tour with a Bavarian cream tart from one of the city's oldest and most renowned Italian bakeries.
If you choose our upgraded drinks package:
- A Lebanese beer
- A glass of Georgian red wine
- A pint of Brooklyn lager
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather. Our tour is different from all the food tours you may have done around the world. Our aim in to make the experience as authentic as possible, so you eat like a native New Yorker. In New York, it's not uncommon to eat on the run, but we are fortunate to be able to sit and enjoy most of what you will sample on the tour. Your professional guide will share with you a wealth of information, not only about the food you will enjoy, but also about each venue and the secret history of this iconic New York neighborhood.
WHY The East Village?
We chose the East Village district for our New York City pizza tour because of the area's diverse immigrant community, deep-rooted history, artistic slant, and its eternal magnetism. Since the neighborhood was born of farmland, some of its green space harkens back to that simpler time. Throughout the generations, the backgrounds of its citizens have changed, but what remains is a mosaic of diverse cultures, the arts, and a food scene second to none!
There is no shortage of history here either! Historic landmarks, parks, and buildings abound, and if you remember New York City in its cultural heyday, you can still find a snapshot of that bygone time here in the East Village.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It's easy! You can book tickets online here. Our tours begin at 3:00 p.m. and we will send you the meeting place details along with your tickets. Our culinary tours last 3-3 ½ hours, and they involve a fair amount of walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places for when you come back to New York!