When you join us for our New York City Secret Food Tour, you will have the opportunity to enjoy some of New York's most iconic food items... evolved.
- To begin, your native New York guide will teach you what to look for when choosing an classic New York-style bagel (and, of course, you will get to eat it too!)
- We will continue our tour at a local spaghetti and meatball shop and learn the secret history behind this classic "Italian" dish.
- Your tour will include a stop at a local cupcake bakery, where you can take a trip back to your childhood, as you admire the charming schoolhouse fixtures and their vintage board game and lunchbox collection. They also make the sweetest little treat this side of the Hudson.
- After the bakery, you will get to try the very best "regular slice" of pizza in the city, and this Brooklyn girl agrees!
- After exploring some of the most beautiful and winding cities of the Village, we will check out one of the hottest gourmet doughnut shops in the city!
- Along the way, your guide will share with you some of the Village's secret history and what makes it such a unique enclave of New Amsterdam and Old New York.
- Oh, and, of course, there is our amazing Secret Dish, as well!
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather. Our tour is different from all the food tours you may have done around the world. Our aim in to make the experience as authentic as possible, so you eat like a native New Yorker. In New York, it's not uncommon to eat on the run, but we are fortunate to be able to sit and enjoy most of what you will sample on the tour. Your professional guide will share with you a wealth of information, not only about the fare you will enjoy, but also about each venue and the secret history of this iconic New York neighborhood.
WHY The Village?
We chose the Groenwijck Village district for our New York City food tour because of the district's diverse restaurant scene, deep-rooted history and architecture, and its timeless charisma. While the rest of the city was subject to the 1811 grid system, the Village was able to escape this fate because of its charming, meandering streets.
The powers that be could not be bothered to try to reroute the winding streets found here. But their loss was our gain! This was a big win, both for those residents and for us because we get to take a step back into time and stroll outside of city life without actually leaving the city!
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It's easy! You can book tickets online here.Our tours begin at 11am and we will send you the meeting place details the day before the tour. Our culinary tours lasts 3 to 3 and a half hours and they involve a fair amount of walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Your guide will stay with you throughout the whole tour and will make arrangements to accommodate any special dietary restrictions. Please, email us about your food needs prior to the tour, if unable to do so, please inform your guide at the meeting location before the tour starts. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places for when you come back to New York!