When you come and take the Irish Channel Food Tour in New Orleans, you'll eat as if you lived here.
- To start off we'll take you to a classic neighborhood po boy shop.
- Next we check out the shop of a local artist whose work you'll see throughout the city.
- Then, oysters & crawfish, traditional New Orleans ingredients in modern presentations.
- With full bellies we'll walk merrily down Magazine St. taking in all the fun shops along the festive sidewalks.
- Did someone say Pimento cheese? Yes, we did!
- As always, there will be our "Secret Bite".
- And to end with a sweet treat, ice cream from a local confectionary shop.
- To commemorate your amazing experience, we'll toast to the spirits with local spirits, Tomb side at Lafayette Cemetery
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY The Irish Channel?
It's a historically important neighborhood that has modernized while keeping in touch with its roots. Young professionals live alongside third generation families and they ALL go to the same parades, block parties and costume shops. It's an honest slice of New Orleans living.
The Irish Channel has an elevation of 7ft above Sea Level. Although that may seem unimpressive, it is well above most of the rest of the city and it is this attribute that kept the Irish Channel relatively flood free after Katrina in 2005. As a result, the majority of the homes and buildings in the neighborhood are of original construction and brightly maintained. Some of the old breweries have re-opened their doors and their flavorful & frothy concoctions are enjoyed just blocks away by the honest middle class folks that have always lived in this neighborhood. Simultaneously, Magazine street has become a bustling commercial stretch while maintaining the majority of the shops locally owned and operated.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It's easy! You can book tickets online here.Our tours begin at 11:30am and we will send you the meeting place details the day before the tour. Our culinary tours lasts 3 to 3 and a half hours and they involve a fair amount of walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Your guide will stay with you throughout the whole tour and will make arrangements to accommodate any special dietary restrictions. PLEASE, email us about your food needs prior to the tour, if unable to do so, PLEASE inform your guide at the meeting location before the tour starts. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places for when you come back to New Orleans!