On our Secret Food Tours: Nashville, you'll get to try a variety of classic Southern foods, including some modern and international twists on the cuisine.
- Before you start exploring one of the most charming neighborhoods in Nashville, we'll stop by a local favorite spot for a small bowl of delicious chili, choose from either green pork chili or red beef.
- We'll have a short stroll down the avenue, window shopping the eclectic boutiques and antique stores that line the street.
- Our next stop will be a very special tiny shop where we'll pick up a sweet treat to save for the end of our tour.
- It's time to eat what Nashville is famous for: hot chicken! We'll visit one of Nashville's most famous BBQ joints, where not many people know they make one of the best hot chicken sandwiches in town. Made with the perfect amount of spice and smothered in homemade slaw and pickles.
- Our next stop is where we will devour our Secret Dish, a palate cleanser to be ready for our delicious finale. !
- Once we've stuffed ourselves quite a bit, we'll enjoy a leisurely stroll through a beautiful historical park, residential street, and cruise past a legendary, historical landmark that represents what Nashville stands for today: MUSIC!
- As we enter our last stop, we'll have a seat and get ready to try some real Tennessee BBQ. Enjoy a generous portion of ribs. With three sauces to tempt your taste buds, you're sure to enjoy this southern specialty.
- Don't forget to save some room for a little bit of broccoli! Don't worry, it has bacon and cheese on it.
If you choose our upgraded drinks package:
- 12 South Specialty Margarita
- Bloody Mary OR Bourbon Iced Tea
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY Nashville's 12S?
A leafy residential neighborhood known for original craftsman style bungalow homes, 12South offers a variety of dining options, fine boutiques, quirky home goods, and a number of watering holes. It's also home to the iconic "I Believe in Nashville" mural, a perfect photo opportunity for visitors. Built around an elegant antebellum mansion, Sevier Park offers towering trees, picnic areas, and lovely green spaces for the perfect stroll.
Nashville's famous Music Row is several walkable blocks to the Northwest, and Belmont University borders this charming neighborhood. 12South is also steps from funky Hillsboro Village, as well as Vanderbilt University. This centralized community is perfect to spend an hour or the entire day enjoying Nashville's charm.
Every Southern food group is represented in this cozy district. From sumptuous BBQ, flaming hot chicken, amazing burgers, hand cut steaks, delightful pastries, gourmet ice cream, and a myriad of beverages to savor. Needless to say you'll come for the food and drinks, but end up staying for the low-key Southern hospitality that we locals love to share with our visitors.
How to book a tour with us
Hi Foodies - These tours are currently only running for private groups, please contact us for more info
BOOK A PRIVATE TOUR
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 11:00 a.m. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3-3 ½ hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Nashville again.