When you come on our Naples (Napoli) Secret Food Tour, you will get to try a variety of Neapolitan culinary delights.
- We start with the sweet smell of freshly baked cakes, as we enjoy a hot "sfogliatella" — a crispy (or soft) ricotta cake.
- Local fruits and veg are our next stop. At this colorful shop we get to explore and sample the best our region has to offer.
- We make a quick stop at the oldest bakery in Napoli to pick up a sample of the unique Neapolitan version of pot pie.
- Pastry in hand, we head to our next to stop along the busy streets of Rione Sanità to enjoy our treat and a local aperitivo.
- Our next stop, street market in the Sanità area, we delve into a local speciality. Here we sample a fresh milky mozzarella di bufala, ricotta, and 'cicoli', a local salami.
- No trip to Napoli is complete without trying its most famous food: pizza. We will stop at the best pizzeria in the neighborhood, where you can chat with a real pizzaiolo, and taste (among others) our queen of pizzas: the margherita, served with a glass of Italian beer.
- Next, we make our way to the oldest part of the city and taste the beauty of the Neapolitan art of frying, enjoying a creamy 'frittatina'.
- An unmissable stop is the local limoncello factory, in the very heart of the city center. We'll try a shot of limoncello, a lemon-based liqueur obtained according the ancient tradition.
- Finally, it's time for pasta! Napoli has some hidden treasures that we want to share with you, of course with a glass of local wine.
- Then we move to a gelateria, to have a luscious and unique artisanal gelato, made with the freshest ingredients, in the most charming area of Napoli.
- Nothing better to finish the tour with than 'a tazzulella e' cafè', a real Neapolitan espresso. We promise this is going to be an unforgettable coffee experience.
- Oh, and of course there is our delicious Secret Dish,too!
When you choose our upgraded drinks package you get:
- Best choice of Italian lager beer
- A shot of traditional Neapolitan liqueur
- A glass of a digestive Italian amaro
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY RIONE SANITA' AND DECUMANI AREA?
La Sanità is one of the most vibrant areas of Napoli. It's a colorful, open-air market where the street vendors create stunning displays of fruits, vegetables, fish, and sweet treats. Rione Sanità is the place where you'll find small artisan shops, vibrant nightlife, street art and graffiti, and an international and multicultural community.
But we believe that it's impossible to have a complete visit of Napoli without exploring the Decumani District. Decumani (the old Roman street name ) is the historic part of the city. We lead you through the squares, streets, and past churches that still remain from Italy's largest and most important royal city.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 11 a.m. but we ask you to meet your guide at 10:45 a.m. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3 to 3 ½ hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Your guide will stay with you throughout the tour. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Naples again.