In Montreal's Secret Food Tour you will be presented with a variety of cuisines on top of some definitively Montreal dishes coming from Montreal's Mile End area.
- We meet at L'Église Saint-Enfant-Jésus du Mile End (Church of Baby Jesus at Mile End)
- Heading over to Boulangerie Guillaume we can enjoy some delicious warm Alsatian tarts made in a Montreal style. Plenty of amazing baked goods to buy here.
- Our proximity to Little Italy will provide us a chance to have some filling Gnocchi covered in a great tomato sauce.
- Right next door we will have some freshly-made Montreal-style Bagels from Fairmount Bagel that are actually best eaten as is.
- Walking down Fairmount, we will arrive on Avenue du Parc where we will finally have a Montreal tandem combo of Poutine smothered in Smoked Meat, neither of which you can miss if visiting Montreal. While here, we also recommend indulging on a Quebecois beer, because no poutine should be left unaccompanied by beer.
- We then indulge in a delicious, sweet fruit crepe.
- Finally, we relax at a fantastic brewpub while chatting over a platter of charcuterie.
If you choose our upgraded drinks package:
Which provides the opportunity to try regional wines and beer that pair well with the dishes. This package is available for purchase as an addition to the food package.
- A local craft homebrew beer made on location or wine
*This package is only offered to adults age 18 and older (legal drinking age is 18 in Quebec).
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather. Our tour is different from all the food tours you may have done around the world. Our aim in to make the experience as authentic as possible, so you eat like a native Montrealer. In Montreal, it's not uncommon to eat on the run, but we are fortunate to be able to sit and enjoy most of what you will sample on the tour. Your professional guide will share with you a wealth of information, not only about the food you will enjoy, but also about each venue and the secret history of this iconic Montreal neighborhood.
WHY Mile End?
Mile End is situated right in the heart of Montreal's most culturally diverse areas. It is surrounded by centres of Italian, Portuguese, Greek, Jewish, and French/Quebecois cultures and ultimately comes to a perfect blend in Mile End.
This fusion of cultures is truly best represented in this area. It is so easy to get distracted by a shop, bar, coffee spot, or restaurant while in Mile End.
How to book a tour with us
Hi Foodies - These tours are currently only running for private groups, please contact us for more info
BOOK A PRIVATE TOUR
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It's easy! You can book tickets online here. Our tours begin at 11 a.m. and we will send you the meeting place details the day before the tour. Our culinary tours lasts 3 to 3½ hours and they involve a fair amount of walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places for when you come back to Montreal!