On our Secret Food Tour: Milwaukee, you'll try the city's world-renowned foods and some of the dishes that locals consider city favorites as well, providing all the best that Milwaukee has to offer.
- We'll meet on the second floor of Milwaukee's Public Market, the Palm Garden, where we'll have a bird's-eye view of the bustling market scene with a number of independent merchants, a great place for foodie souvenirs.
- Our first taste is a Milwaukee staple: beer battered fish fry, a treat usually reserved for Fridays, made by a local seafood company.
- Next you'll discover some of the city's rich history at a truly secret stop that even requires a password to enter. Don't worry, our guides will lead the way into this fun and memorable location that Milwaukeeans know and love, and where all guests are referred to by their secret code name. This place is known for their delicious fried cheese curds, a Milwaukee must.
- You'll learn about dishes and drinks that were brought over by German immigrants in the 19th century as we walk along Old World Third Street and sample a variety of sausages and cheeses paired with a specialty craft beer or local soda.
- Up next is our delicious Secret Dish served by staff in full cultural costume.
- Finally, we'll finish up with a big slice of delicious German chocolate cake.
If you choose our upgraded drinks package:
- A Cheesehead Blood Mary with all the fixin's
- Wisconsin Old Fashioned made with brandy and muddled cherry & orange
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY THE MILWAUKEE RIVERWALK & OLD WORLD THIRD ST?
Milwaukee is quite literally a city built on water, and the Milwaukee River has been the region's economic and recreational center for generations. After transitioning through many phases throughout its history, the Riverwalk has developed into a continuous walkway that hugs the river for nearly two miles, dotted with restaurants, nightspots, and public art. The river is at the intersection of Milwaukee's storied history and the food that differentiates this city, both of which are the pillars of our Secret Food Tour: Milwaukee.
Our tour will follow the river from the Milwaukee Public Market up to Old World Third Street, which was once the heart of Milwaukee's German Community. As a hub for entertainment and great dining options by day and a thriving nightlife, Old World Third Street includes some of the most historic sites and maintains the culinary traditions of its ancestors to this day.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 12:00 pm. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3-3 ½ hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Milwaukee again.