On our Secret Food Tours Miami, you will get to savor many different types of culinary delights, that showcase locals' most loved foods.
- We meet in the heart of Coconut Grove, where you will try the ultimate Cuban Sandwich, incorporating mojo-aioli pulled pork marinated in-house, along with sweet ham, swiss cheese, pickles and yellow mustard. A special house-baked bread takes this staple sandwich to the next level.
- Next, we stop for a classic Peruvian Ceviche which incorporates a centuries old process of denaturation by bathing fish in citrus juices, resulting in an explosion of flavors for your palate.
- From here it's time to explore the streets a bit, learn about this historic district and check out some original sites and photos, including Peacock Park, the site of the first hotel in the Grove.
- Our next saucy stop is a surprise...our secret dish!
- Next up are sumptuous, fresh caught, Bahamian Conch Fritters, a delightfully seasoned combination of Conch meat, vegetables and batter, deep-fried and served with a tangy cocktail sauce, prepared by Chef's special recipe.
- From here we take another stroll through the local shops, learn about popular culture in the Grove, the music scene and its hippie era. We will stop at the incredible Cruz Building and learn more about the Bahamian settlers who defined the early days of Coconut Grove and built the railroad that spawned the city's initial growth spurt.
- No trip to Florida is complete with indulging in the unique sweet and tart delight that originated in the Florida Keys, the Key Lime Pie!
- We conclude with a walk down the path of the hardwood hammock grounds leading to "The Barnacle State Park," the oldest home in Miami-Dade County, preserved in its natural state; perched upon the shores of the serene Biscayne Bay. Park entrance to the grounds of this hidden gem is included in your tour!
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY COCONUT GROVE?
Most visitors to Miami will spend time soaking in the glitz and Art Deco glamor of South Beach never realizing that a short drive away, the Village of Coconut Grove offers another breathtaking perspective on the city. Coconut Grove provides a glimpse back in time to its 1800's origins as a playground for wealthy industrialists. The beautiful Vizcaya Museum and Gardens are less than two miles away. We stroll by the oldest home in Miami-Dade County, The Barnacle. In addition, admission to Biscayne Bay-side state park is included with your ticket! Another of our stops is the over-the-top majestically luxe Cruz Building, a must see!
As we explore this lush tropical paradise turned playground of the rich and famous, you will gain a thorough understanding of what makes Miami one of the most distinctive cities in the world.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It's easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 11 a.m. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3 to 3 ½ - hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Your guide will stay with you throughout the tour, and you can make requests about any special dietary requirements such as any food allergies or foods you prefer to avoid eating. You can email us about your food needs prior to the tour, or you can inform your guide at the meeting location. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places for when you come back to Miami!