Secret Food Tours: Mexico City will introduce you to traditional recipes and a vibrant cuisine using ancestral ingredients from the Aztecs, Mexicas, and more.
- As our food journey begins we start with a fresh guacamole served with crispy homemade tortillas to enjoy an authentic dish, experienced the traditional way.
- Next up we eat a delicious "panucho", a typical dish from the southern state of Yucatán, made of a fried tortilla stuffed with refried black beans and topped with pork and pickled red onion. This authentic mix of flavors is a favorite.
- At our next location we stop for a typical dish with a rich history, that is revered across Mexico - enchiladas with mole sauce.
- We stop at a tortilleria, a shop that makes fresh tortillas, and where locals flow in and out all day, buying them fresh.We then make our way to a place specializing in tamales, a dough made from nixtamalized corn (hominy) and lard or vegetable shortening. Tamales are usually wrapped in corn leaves before being steamed or cooked, and the type of the presentation depends on the region they come from.
- As our tour continues, we'll enjoy an original octopus taco and seasoned with the sauce of our choice.
- As our last savory dish, you'll enjoy a hearty tamale paired with, what else? Tequila!
- At our final destination, we will have our signature Secret Dish, finishing our culinary adventure with an unforgettable classic.
If you choose our upgraded drinks package:
- Mexican beer
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY THE ROMA NEIGHBORHOOD?
Roma is not just the title of a recent famous movie that takes place in this neighborhood. It is a neighborhood full of stories of political, social, cultural, and artistic movements that took place throughout Mexico's history. Join your guide and become a local yourself.
It is also the perfect place to discover delicious, authentic food while walking among many of Mexico City's architectural treasures. Feel the incomparable bohemian atmosphere, influenced through decades of many important events.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. Our tours begin at 10:30 am and we will send you the meeting place details the day before the tour. Our culinary tours lasts 3 to 3 ½ hours and they involve a fair amount of walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places for when you come back to Mexico City.