On our Secret Food Tours: Marrakech, you'll have the chance to try the wonderfully diverse and delicious cuisine of Morocco, sampling a dazzling array of colorful flavor.
- Before we dive into the old city of Marrakech, we will stop for a Berber breakfast where you'll learn more about the local culture.
- Next, you'll get to witness the making of Moroccan tea and learn about the importance it has in daily Moroccan life.
- A few narrow streets later, you will discover some more traditional Moroccan recipes, such as bread, and how they are cooked.
- Appetizers and soups will be a key element of tour, and they will be diverse and delicious.
- We'll take time to try some olives and discover the vibrant, colourful spices of the local market.
- Gather your courage as we sample some of the exotic dishes Moroccan cuisine offers.
- Then, you'll try some sweet cookies and have a refreshing juice in the heart of the city.
- You'll learn about the herbs used in Moroccan teas and how they relate to breakfast time.
- And of course, discover our Secret Dish and its significance to our culture.
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations, availability, and weather.
Why the old city of Marrakech (The Medina)?
Marrakech has historically been influenced by many cultures: Berber, Andalusian, Arabic and many more. This city's history stretches back 1000 years and has left remnants of rich cultures in its language, gastronomy, traditions, and daily life. This influence is most visible in the old part of the city, making it a feast for the senses where your eyes, nose, ears, and taste buds become alive with the sensations of its streets.
The medina is the most authentic part of Marrakech. As a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it still preserves the authenticity of the inner urban structure. Many of its beautiful monuments remain intact, and its people still maintain the traditional Moroccan lifestyle. Walking through the medina is a journey back into the past, and we are here to guide you through it.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 10:00 a.m. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3-3 ½ hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well-balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Marrakech again.