On our Secret Food Tour: Los Angeles, we bring you the best the city has to offer. You'll try the city's most renowned food, plus some of our personal favorites.
- We'll begin our tour at Union Station, a historic architectural gem that has stood since 1939.
- We'll then make our way to the historic city centre where you'll often find Native American Tribal dancers, Mexican folk music and strolling Mariachis. Here you'll discover the oldest house in Los Angeles, built in 1818, before we move on to try our first local dish, a taquito with special local sauces and a delicious cheese enchilada.
- Next we'll visit a restaurant that has been in business since 1908 where we'll try an incredible hot French Dip sandwich with origins going back to the 1920's. We will continue up the street and make our way into LA's Chinatown.
- At our next stop we will taste succulent California style roast duck before we move on to the location of our Secret Dish, a classic LA staple, unique to our city that will be served to you in a traditional Chinese outdoor courtyard.
- We'll end with a delicious sweet treat as we walk back to our tours beginning.
If you choose our upgraded drinks package you'll receive:
- Our Secret Beer
- A lush California Cabernet
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY LA Downtown?
The downtown area is one of the best places in the city to see the roots of all the cultures that have contributed to our cuisine. With old hotels, historic buildings, and a colorful, vibrant Mexican village, this area is truly emblematic of the rich cultural heritage that make up the fabric of LA's history. As you stand on these historic streets, you'll be able to see the nearby downtown highrises and get a sense of the evolution of this great city.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 2:45. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3-3 ½ hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Los Angeles again.