When you come on our food tours in Lisbon, you will get to enjoy some of best Portuguese food and wine, guaranteed to get your taste buds tingling.
- To start, your local Portuguese guide will take you to a nice "Garrafeira" to enjoy a delicious Porto wine.
- Next, we will show you where to eat the best "Bifana" in town. The Bifana is one of the most amazing pork sandwiches ever created! Our Bifana will be served with a fresh "Imperial" (portuguese local beer)
- The visit will continue in the heart of Mouraria district where you will enjoy the stunning view over the city and all the beautiful old tiles
- Let's not forget to try some sardines and have a "Ginjinha" (portuguese local liqueur)
- The tour also take you to a visit of a shop where our guide will buy delicious Portuguese cured meat and the best selection of cheeses that you will eat after the visit!
- Next, we will show you one of the best hidden gems in Lisbon, an old palace where you will taste some traditional handmade "Petiscos"
- The tour can't end without you tasting the famous and hand-made traditional Portuguese pastry "Pastel de Nata"
- Oh, and of course there's our delicious Secret Dish too!
If you choose our upgraded drinks package:
- An extra class of your choice of red, white, or verde wine
- An extra glass of Porto wine
- Aguardente de Medronho
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
We chose the Mouraria district for our Lisbon food tours because of the area's authentic restaurant scene, historical culture and charming ambiance. Mouraria is still one of the most traditional neighborhood of Lisbon with its tascas (local taverns) doing fresh homemade food.
In the past, Mouraria was once a ghetto of Moors and the Mouraria neighbourhood is known as the birthplace of Fado (a traditional Portuguese music style).
In 1755, an infamous earthquake shook Lisbon. However, Mouraria survived this catastrophe and there are so many beautiful and still original tiles to be seen there. Come enjoy this food tour with amazing views over the city of Lisbon.
How to book a tour with us
Hi Foodies - These tours are currently only running for private groups, please contact us for more info
BOOK A PRIVATE TOUR
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 10 am from Monday to Saturday. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our tour lasts for 3 to 3 and a half hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera, you'll want to remember these great places if you come to Lisbon again!