We begin our Secret Food Tour in the bustling heart of Barranco. As you savor all the local flavors, we introduce you to street art murals, the Bridge of Sighs, and the history of this eclectic neighborhood.
- First, your local Limeño guide will take you to a historic coffee tostaduria where we'll have the best organic Peruvian coffee in the city.
- Next, we'll visit one of the 50 best restaurants in South America and try Limeños' favorite local homie food. This is an unforgettable experience, and a must-eat in Lima.
- Afterwards, we'll sample some truly delicious ceviche in a gourmet bohemian market, one of the best spots known only by locals.
- Then it's time for a little something sweet. We'll stop at the "church" of artisan gelato where we'll try some extraordinary flavors of the best exotic Peruvian fruits.
- Our next stop brings us to a local craft beer bar that uses 100% authentic Peruvian ingredients, such as quinoa and local herbs, so you'll truly taste the biodiversity of Peru.
- And of course there's our delicious Secret Dish.
If you choose our upgraded drinks package:
- Pisco Sour
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
Barranco was founded by Spanish settlers who often used windmills as a way to draw water from their wells, giving this city the nickname "City of Windmills." As the district grew, wealthy locals built stately colonial summer homes where they vacationed to enjoy the water and views. Beautiful parks and open spaces were created, providing a gorgeous backdrop to one of the most romantic and historic areas of Lima. In the early 20th century, artists, poets, and musicians moved into the area, creating the bohemian enclave that still exists today.
This unique neighborhood surrounded by historic homes, bohemian bars, art galleries, and local restaurants provide each visitor a connection to our living culture and tradition.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 11:00 a.m. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3 to 3½ hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Lima again!