From our Secret Food Tours in Hong Kong, you will get to savor many different types of culinary delights, that showcase locals' most loved foods.
- To start, we will take you to one of the most renowned beef brisket food house, where locals travel across districts to queue up just for a bowl.
- Next, we will head to try the Shanghai style mini pork bun, filled with juicy soup inside. This is local habit : Soak up the food street - buy and stand to eat.
- To help digest a bit, we will stroll to the local food market and experience the buzz of local life. The market sells live seafood, poultry, and various kinds of vegetables and melons, some of which you may have never seen before. En route you will see dried or preserved seafood in an old grocery, and a traditional paper shop (closed on Sundays and holidays) that hand make paper offerings & worship items for the deceased, a deepening your understanding on the Chinese culture.
- To continue, we visit the renowned Roast Goose restaurant to devour the exquisite roasted goose with a beautiful pairing of plum sauce.
- We will also have some seasonal fruits while we are walking to the Tin Hau Temple.
- During our excursion, you will discover Hong Kong's culture, architecture, and neighborhoods by visiting the Tin Hau Temple, rich in over 200 years of history. (Tin Hau Temple is closed for maintenance on some days without prior notification).
- It is never a complete food tour without trying our local's beloved sweets and drinks to be served in a typical local "Tea & Milk Tea".
- Lastly, we will relax and enjoy the secret dish at a dim sum restaurant with various kinds of dim sum and a Chinese dessert, served with your preferred choice of Chinese Tea.
If you choose our upgraded drink package:
- A Can of Tsing Tao Beer - served at the Roasted Goose restaurant
- A Glass of Chinese Yellow Rice wine (Zhejiang Gu Yue long Shan "Shaoxing Wine") to be served at Dim Sum Restaurant
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather
WHY Tin Hau District?
Tin Hau is the Goddess of Sea for HongKongers. The area is located on Hong Kong Island, named after the Tin Hau Temple located in this area.
The most renowned Beef brisket food houses, as well as the best Roasted Goose restaurants are found in Tin Hau. The area is also popular among food lovers due to the plethora of restaurants serving diverse cuisines. There is a traditional food market in the area as well - you can imagine the freshness of ingredients provided to the restaurants nearby every early morning.
We believe that Tin Hau will leave you satisfied- with a full heart and stomach.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It's easy! You can book tickets online here. Our tours begin at 11:00 am and we will send you the meeting place details the day before the tour. Our culinary tours lasts 3 to 3 and a half hours and they involve a fair amount of walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places for when you come back to Hong Kong!