When you come on our Secret Food Tours in Hanoi (Vietnam), you will immerse into many different types of culinary delights, that showcase locals' most loved foods:
- The tour begins with an introduction to the local food scene over a refreshing appetizer Nom Bo Kho - Green Papaya Salad With Dried Beef.
- To get a background about Vietnamese cuisine ingredients, your experienced guide take you to visit Hang Be Market where you can find all kinds of goods from raw meat, cooked meat, tropical fruits to dried food, items for worshiping.
- Watch how our locals make your Steamed Pancake with meat & mushroom and enjoy it right after.
- Your Vietnam food tour will be uncompleted without slurping a bowl of Pho noodle soup, which is considered as Vietnam's unofficial national dish.
- On the way in old quarter, you will see many hawkers who sell fresh fruits. You will have time to take picture and taste some.
- Next, follow Obama President's trip to eat Bun Cha (Grilled pork on rice noodle)
- There is a nice stroll along Hanoi thousand-year- old Streets to allow you to digest while drinking Sugar crane juice with cumquat or something similar which is popular drink for local people.
- Pass through Hang Bac Temple (Silver street temple) before being fulfilled with the deep flavor in Banh mi. Not only crisp baguette but also colorful combination of cheese, cold cuts, pickled vegetables, sausage, fried egg, or chicken, beef.
- Take a seat at Warning Pub at Dao Duy Tu Street to enjoy the Bia Hoi (Draught beer) or call a bottle of beer. Taste it like a local with sausage (snack) and cashew nut.
- You will discover Hanoi's culture, architecture and neighborhoods by visiting Ancient House at 87 Ma May over 200 years of history.
- The tour can't end without stopping at a hidden café - one of Hanoi's best kept secrets and have a cup of egg coffee.
- At the end of tour you are free to continue to explore the area or the guide will assist you with directions to get back to your hotel.
If you choose our upgraded drink package:
- One Sai Gon Special beer will be served after visit Hang Bac Temple
- One glass of Signature Cocktails in Warning Pub
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather
Why the Hanoi Old Quarter ?
This is considered as the heart of thousand-year- old Hanoi capital, right next to Hoan Kiem Lake (Sword lake). Worldwide food lovers call this place as heaven of street foods ranging from the snacks to main dishes that get you full up all night or sweet deserts for desert lovers. There are many restaurants owned by a family for a long period of time in Hanoi located here, and they have special recipes with secret ways to cook delicious authentic Hanoian food that you cannot find in anywhere else.
Everyone can find their favorite when strolling around Hanoi's Old quarter. Otherwise, you can have view to a holy attraction - Hoan Kiem lake. This is a pride of all Hanoians and the center for any distance measurement. There is a traditional food market in the area as well-one can imagine the freshness of ingredients provided to the restaurants nearby every early morning.
We believe that Old Quarter -36 streets will leave you satisfied- with a full heart and stomach.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 17:00 p.m. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3 hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Your guide will stay with you throughout the tour, and you can make requests about any special dietary requirements such as any food allergies or foods you prefer to avoid eating. You can email us about your food needs prior to the tour, or you can inform your guide at the meeting location. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Hanoi again!