When you come on our Secret Food Tours: Hanoi, you will be immersed in a variety of of local culinary specialties that showcase Vietnam's most loved foods.
- The tour begins with an introduction to the local food scene over a light and refreshing appetizer, nom bo kho — green papaya salad with beef.
- To understand the background of Vietnamese cooking ingredients, your guide will take you to visit Hang Be Market, where you'll find all kinds of goods ranging from meat, and tropical fruits to dried food items for worshipping.
- You'll get to watch how locals make your steamed meat and mushroom pancake, and enjoy it right after, while it's hot and fresh.
- Your Vietnamese food tour would be incomplete without slurping a bowl of phò, which is considered Vietnam's unofficial national dish
- On the way to Old Quarter, you'll see many hawkers selling fresh fruits (not available during rainy days) and have time to take pictures and sample the selection.
- Next, we'll follow in President Obama's footsteps and enjoy bun cha — rice noodles topped with grilled pork.
- We'll enjoy a nice stroll along Hanoi's 1,000 year old streets to allow you to digest while drinking sugar cane juice with cumquat (summer season) or hot soup (winter season), which are popular drinks for locals.
- After our stroll, we indulge in a classic with the deep flavors of bánh mì. Enjoy the crisp baguette and colorful combination of cheese, pickled vegetables, sausage, fried egg, chicken, or beef.
- We'll take a seat in a cozy café to enjoy some regional rice wine alongside a sausage and cashews, just like the locals do.
- No Secret Food Tour is complete without our signature Secret Dish. Our final stop takes us to a hidden venue for a delicious surprise.
If you choose our upgraded drink package:
- One Saigon Special beer served after our visit to Hang Bac Temple
- One signature cocktail at the pub
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather
Why the Hanoi Old Quarter ?
This is considered the heart of Vietnam's 1,000 year-old capital. Worldwide, food lovers refer to this area as heaven because of the variety of street foods and their complex flavors, ranging from small snacks to main dishes and sweet desserts. There are many family-owned restaurants that have been run for generations, and their special recipes and secret ways to cook delicious, authentic Hanoian food cannot be found anywhere else.
Everyone can find their favorite when strolling around Hanoi's Old Quarter. This area is also home to a beloved holy attraction — Hoan Kiem Lake (Sword Lake). This is a source of deep pride for all Hanoians and the starting point for measuring any distance. There is a traditional food market in the area as well. One can imagine the freshness of ingredients provided to the nearby restaurants every early morning.
We know that Old Quarter's 36 streets will leave you satisfied, with a full heart and and even fuller stomach.
How to book a tour with us
Hi Foodies - These tours are currently only running for private groups, please contact us for more info
BOOK A PRIVATE TOUR
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 17:00 p.m. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3 hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Hanoi again!