Secret Urban Wine Tours: Florence is an unforgettable experience. Whether you're a wine novice or a wine enthusiast, our tour is a can't-miss experience that will show you the real Florentine wine culture, and unveil the secrets of the oldest and most noble Florentine wines.
- We'll start in the amazing medieval square of Santa Maria Novella, a few steps from the train station, and visit the palace of the oldest noble winemakers of Florence.
- You'll get to taste 6 different Tuscan wines in 3 different "enotecas" (wine bars) where your guide will explain how wine-making techniques have changed throughout the centuries, and why today's wines are so different from those in the past.
- We'll stop for a breathtaking view of the river Arno at sunset, before moving on to the hip Oltrarno districts of Santo Spirito and San Frediano, home of the most authentic Florentine old-fashioned wineries, osterias, and trattorias.
- Next, you'll sample our Secret Sip at sunset, in a fascinating medieval square in the cool district of Oltrarno.
- You'll be introduced to the local "movida", the Tuscan wine culture.
- If you want to enhance your Urban Wine Tour experience, try our Tuscan Aperitif Food Upgrade for a selection of classic Tuscan salami, cheeses, and crostini to pair with the wines you'll be served.
If you've ever done a wine tour, you'll know that sometimes they can be stuffy and even a little intimidating. Our Secret Urban Wine Tours: Florence is a completely different and unique experience, designed for learning about and tasting wine in an atmosphere that is comfortable and relaxing.
We want you to ask questions, enjoy your experience, sample new varieties, and finish the tour with an appreciation of Tuscan wines. Our goal is to introduce you to our wine regions and the wines they produce, while providing a fun and memorable experience. Remember, the best wines are the ones you enjoy, and every glass of wine tastes better when you're sharing it with friends. Our guide is a great added value and will make your wine experience unforgettable.
When you choose our Tuscan Appetizer Food Upgrade you get:
- Assortment of Tuscan cured meats
- Assortment of local cheeses
- A taste of our traditional vegetable soup with extra-virgin olive oil
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY OLD CITY CENTER?
We selected Florence's Old City Center and Oltrarno because walking through these two neighborhoods feels like walking through two different villages; noble, medieval, and renaissance palaces and churches, people from around the world walking and getting lost in the back streets; the beauty or art spread everywhere and artisans working inside their craft shop, reminding us a centenary long-lasting tradition.
Oltrarno is an area where the traditional restaurants have resisted the tides of globalization. Its own identity, history, culture, and ambiance have been maintained and cultivated over hundreds of years, making this the perfect place to experience the authentic, delicious wines that Florence has to offer.
How to book a tour with us
Hi Foodies - These tours are currently only running for private groups, please contact us for more info
BOOK A PRIVATE TOUR
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 5:30 p.m. Monday-Saturday. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our wine tour lasts for 3 hours and involves some walking, so be sure to wear comfortable footwear. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Florence again.