On our Secret Gin Tour in Edinburgh, you'll learn about the different ways to drink gin that are guaranteed to get your taste buds tingling. We'll take you on a tour through some of Edinburgh's historic Old Town before going out of the typically tourist areas to some spectacular hidden gems.
- We'll start the tour around the corner from one of Edinburgh's most iconic views, Victoria Street.
- Our first stop is one of the newest bars in an area that's particularly popular with Harry Potter fans.
- We'll then stop by the iconic National Museum of Scotland for some truly incredible views of the city
- We'll visit part of one of the oldest streets in Edinburgh, the Cowgate, that was used for centuries to carry livestock into market areas
- You'll experience a building that's been a tavern for over 100 years, and that a lot of older locals still remember as a rough drinking spot (it's changed a lot since then).
- We'll head towards what used to be known as the 'Charmed Circle', an area that was prolific in distilleries and breweries until the 1700s
- You'll try a cocktail in Scotland's first dedicated gin bar, but don't forget to check out their range of over 400 gins!
- We'll finish the tour in one of the newest distilleries in the city, where you'll sample gins and gin liqueurs that have been made on-site and you'll be able to make purchases of your own in their fantastically stocked shop
- Oh, and of course there's our delicious Secret Element too!
If you choose our upgraded food package you receive:
- Potato and chive pancake with haggis and bacon (or a vegetarian alternative)
- Scottish oatcakes with Clava cheese, quince jelly, and pear
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY OLD TOWN, SOUTHSIDE AND KIRK O' FIELD?
The Old Town is an absolute must do on any trip to Edinburgh, with some buildings dating back over 900 years and some of the richest history in the city. As much as we avoid the Royal Mile on the tour, you'll still see some of Edinburgh's most recognisable sights.
Southside takes you away from the tourist hub and into an area popular with students and rich in local history. The Charmed Circle and South Loch were huge parts of that area and remain a part of Edinburgh's history, and most importantly, a big part of our gin culture.
Kirk o' Field is just a few minutes' walk from Southside and home to one of the most recognisable views in Edinburgh: Arthur's Seat. Holyrood Park goes around from the bottom of the Royal Mile to the south-east of the city centre and was formerly home to the Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway, also known as 'The Innocent Railway'. Our final stop is in the old warehouse of the railway and is a wonderful place to end our journey together.
How to book a tour with us
Hi Foodies - These tours are currently only running for private groups, please contact us for more info
BOOK A PRIVATE TOUR
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It's easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 14.30. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our tour lasts for 3-3 ½ hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well-balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Edinburgh again.