On our Secret Food Tours: Chicago, you'll get a taste of the culinary influences from the immigrants who built this city.
- We begin with one of Chicago's most iconic foods and one that sets us apart from New York: deep dish pizza. A marvel of both flavor and engineering, it's built "upside down" because it takes 45 minutes to bake.
- Next, we head to the Harold P. Washington Library. Here we begin a wide-ranging historical and architectural introduction to one of the most important U.S. cities.
- Chicago's public works of art are from some of the most renowned artists of the 20th century: including, Miro, Picasso, Calder, and Chagall. We'll pass Alexander Calder's Flamingo, as we discuss Chicago's most famous mayor and the legacy of public art he left behind.
- Then, a sweet treat beloved by Chicagoans and visitors alike.
- Next, Chicago's oldest Italian restaurant. We will have the traditional Italian beef sandwich. There are many ways to order a beef, but only one way for locals: sweet, hot, and dipped.
- Then we'll have dessert, our signature Secret Dish, with a view from the Michelin Recommended, youngest restaurant on our tour.
If you choose our Upgraded Drinks Package:
- The Capone — strong and fun cocktail paired with a sandwich
- Hefeweizen — local brew paired with something savory
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY The Loop?
Whatever name you call us by: The City of Big Shoulders, The Windy City, or The Second City; Chicago's downtown Loop District is the heartbeat of the city. With stunning waterfront views of Lake Michigan and a skyline that has earned Chicago its reputation as an architectural treasure, "The Loop" has it all. Gorgeous Millennium Park, and an unparalleled display of public art masterworks are a vibrant backdrop to our tasty wanderings. Far more than a food tour, this is an ideal experience to get grounded in all the wonders Chicago has to offer.
How to book a tour with us
Hi Foodies - These tours are currently only running for private groups, please contact us for more info
BOOK A PRIVATE TOUR
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It's easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 11:30am. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3 to 3 and a half hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places for when you come back to Chicago!