On our Secret Food Tours Chicago, you'll get a taste of the culinary influences by the immigrants who built this city.
- We begin with one of Chicago's most iconic foods and one that sets us apart from New York: deep dish pizza. A marvel of both flavor and engineering it's built "upside down" because it takes 45 minutes to bake.
- Next we head to one of the oldest bars in "The Loop." We will experience the culinary influence of the Polish & German immigrants.
- We next head up to the Winter Garden, located in the Harold P. Washington Library. Here we begin a wide-ranging historical and architectural introduction to one of the most important U.S. cities.
- Chicago's public works of art are from some of the most renowned artists of the 20th century: including, Miro, Picasso, Calder, and Chagall. We'll pass Alexander Calder's Flamingo, as we discuss Chicago's most famous mayor and the legacy of public art he left behind.
- Next up, a sweet treat beloved by Chicagoans and visitors alike.
- Next, Chicago's oldest Italian restaurant. We will have the traditional Italian Beef Sandwich. There are many ways to order a beef, but only one way for locals: sweet, hot, and dipped.
- As our journey continues, we head into the extravagant lobby of one of the few "Historic Hotels of America."
- Then we'll have desert (our secret dish) with a view.
- Break out your cameras for the next leg of our journey through Millennium Park. We have several selfie-worthy stops, including the iconic reflective "Cloud Gate" sculpture, commonly known as 'The Bean.'
If you choose our upgraded drink package:
- Broken English - newer local brew
- Dortwunder Lager - historic Berghoff brew
- The Capone - strong and fun cocktail
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY The Loop?
Whatever name you call us by: The City of Big Shoulders, The Windy City, or The Second City; Chicago's downtown Loop District is the heartbeat of the city. With stunning waterfront views of Lake Michigan and a skyline that has earned Chicago its reputation as an architectural treasure, "The Loop" has it all. Gorgeous Millennium Park, and an unparalleled display of public art masterworks are a vibrant backdrop to our tasty wanderings. Far more than a food tour, this is an ideal experience to get grounded in all the wonders Chicago has to offer.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It's easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 11:30 am. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3 to 3 and a half hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Your guide will stay with you throughout the tour, and you can make requests about any special dietary requirements such as any food allergies or foods you prefer to avoid eating. You can email us about your food needs prior to the tour, or you can inform your guide at the meeting location. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places for when you come back to Chicago!