On our Secret Food Tours in Charleston, you'll get to try many different types of Southern cuisine, traditional in the Lowcountry.
- We'll begin at a family restaurant based on a Grandmother's recipes handed down over the years.
- A few streets later, you'll see the City Market of Charleston and the history of the beautiful sweet grass baskets.
- Learn the unique story of how one of our most famous soups came about.
- See the beautiful harbor and houses, dating back to the colonial era.
- Finally, we'll end our tour near the Fashion District, and of course, have a sweet treat.
- All throughout the tour, your guide will teach you some great knowledge about both the history and the gastronomy to enhance the whole experience.
- Oh, and of course there's our delicious Secret Dish too.
When you choose our upgraded drinks package you get:
- Bloody Mary or Sweet Tea Mojito
- Holy City Washout Wheat
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
Why The French Quarter?
Charleston was first founded in 1670 and walking around the French Quarter is like taking a step back in time. The city has a preservation society that goes to great lengths to make sure the charm of Charleston stays where it is. This preservation society has been hard at work since 1973. You'll see Charleston single houses, learn about the history of certain paint colors, and learn the fun facts that make Charleston unique.
Not only does the French Quarter have some of the most historic churches and buildings, but it's also filled with amazing restaurants and boutiques. The French Quarter is a fun mix of the history and the future of Charleston. While many people do come to Charleston and visit the French Quarter, it's also where locals live everyday lives.
How to book a tour with us
Hi Foodies - These tours are currently only running for private groups, please contact us for more info
BOOK A PRIVATE TOUR
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It's easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 11:00a.m. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3-3 ½ hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Charleston again.