Guests on our Secret Food Tour Budapest get the chance to try several different kinds of delicious Hungarian cuisine.
- To begin, we experience Budapest's historic coffeehouse culture by visiting a local café for exquisite coffee, so sweet, we invite you to taste it black.
- Next we visit a local market to try different types of Hungarian sausages from regions around the country, including our Venison and Mangalica pig. This feast also includes our famous pickled vegetables and some of our finest cheese.
- Then we visit a street-food stand to try one of the most typical dishes of Hungary.
- Later we walk to the ruin-bar district, sharing a lot of history along the way. This is also the city's Jewish Quarter, reflected in the food offered here.
- The tour includes a stop at one of Budapest's best Hungarian restaurants, where we can sit down and have a choice of soups and a secret bite, all with legendary Hungarian hospitality.
- We enjoy a fine Hungarian wine that dates back to Thrace, Europe's oldest settlement.
- To conclude our tour we sample our famous Flodni at the highest rated cafe in Budapest.
When you choose our upgraded drinks package you get:
- Wine soda and Unicum
- Additional wine tasting (3 glasses)
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY DOWNTOWN BUDAPEST?
Budapest is now one of the most popular destinations of Central Europe, where everyone can find something interesting to do, to see, or to eat. Your guide will give you many local tips about visiting the city to help you feel at home.
We have chosen the downtown area of Budapest because it has a great collection of restaurants and bars tucked amid the historical buildings. This district is famous for its intercultural community shared by people of different religions and all ages. After this tour, guests gain a strong understanding of Hungarian food culture and how it reflects the diverse nature of our unique history.
How to book a tour with us
Hi Foodies - These tours are currently only running for private groups, please contact us for more info
BOOK A PRIVATE TOUR
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 11am. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3 to 3 and a half hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Budapest again!