When you come on our Bologna Secret Food Tour, you will get to try many different types of traditional culinary delights from Emilia Romagna:
- We start the day off right with a traditional Italian breakfast, coffee and a croissant.
- Then, we visit another bottega to sample a selection of local charcuterie.
- After our meaty stop, we'll head to cheese heaven to do some Parmigiano Reggiano shopping.
- Next we'll visit a pasta shop for a demonstration on how fresh, traditional handmade pasta is created, after which we sample the best of the best.
- We then walk to the town's medieval food market, the Quadrilatero. At a traditional bottega we sample different types of 8-25 year old authentic balsamic vinegar from Modena. You've never tasted balsamico like this before!
- Afterward, we'll stop in Bologna's oldest tavern to enjoy a glass of the best local wine.
- We stroll through the two most beautiful squares in Bologna to end our tour on a sweet note, with a traditional artisanal gelato.
- Oh, and of course our delicious Secret Dish!
When you choose our upgraded drinks package you get:
Two Drinks Package 9.99€:
- A choice of an ammazzacaffè
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY THE Quadrilatero?
We selected the Quadrilatero area because it is the vibrant heart of Bologna. Built in the Middle Ages, it's nestled inside the oldest set of city walls, right next to the old Roman road connecting the East to the West. This area is the place-to-be for foodies in search of authentic flavours of the city.
Quadrilatero has an ancient tradition of housing most of the craft guilds within its city limits. Jewelers, butchers, delicatessens, greengrocer's, bakeries, and traditional tattoria's are all represented in this historic area.
Next to the Quadrilatero lies an area with hidden canals, historic buildings, towers and statues, we will guide you off the beaten paths, show you unexpected sights and tell you amazing stories about the origins and traditions of the city
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 11:00 a.m. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3 ½ - 4 hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Your guide will stay with you throughout the tour, and you can make requests about special dietary requirements such as any food allergies or foods you prefer to avoid eating.
Please note that we are not able to offer any gluten-free or vegan option yet.
Please email us about your food needs prior to the tour. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Bologna again.