To begin, we take you to one of the best Kebab shops in the city, where we taste succulent and freshly roasted Chicken in the best Kebab in Berlin.
- Indulge in some of the best homemade cakes and desserts Friedrichshain has to offer.
- Our mystery dish is Berlin's most famous bite. A must-try!
- Enjoy the foreign influence on the city, food, and culture.
- Your local guide will take you past the RAW-Gelände to see and experience the Berlin of 1867 and 1989 and you learn its relevance in both times.
- You can't leave Berlin without trying the delicious Schnitzelbrötchen in this family run shop.
- We wind up at the most famous site of the East, the Berlin Wall and East Side Gallery, with full bellies and hearts.
If you choose our upgraded drinks package:
- LARGE stein of beer, your host will make a selection
- Berliner Luft, A short shot of a digestive to help with the stomach
Please note: the itinerary and food choices are subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
Why the Friedrichshain?
This is the area where history was made. When the wall ceased to divide Berlin this area was first re-settled by squatters and is now gentrifying. The contrasts of the city are wonderful here, as we see the elegant and the decadent living side by side. Berlin's future and past met here and made history.
We chose this area because it has a lot to offer in terms of food. As we walk and taste, you will come to know Berlin in a way that is known by those of us who witnessed the wall tumble down. In the past, this was an area where the Russians had heavy control, a place of fear and division. Today the area is best known for its flourishing restaurant scene, historical culture and lively atmosphere. You will have a great understanding of our food, history and culture along with some top tips about the city and its secrets.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 11 a.m. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3 to 3 and a half hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Your guide will stay with you throughout the tour, and you can make requests about any special dietary requirements such as any food allergies or foods you prefer to avoid eating. You can email us about your food needs prior to the tour, or you can inform your guide at the meeting location. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Berlin again!