Secret Urban Wine Tours: Barcelona is an unforgettable experience, accessing all your senses as you embark on a tasting journey through our wine regions. You'll learn how we go from a grape on the vine to the wine in your glass and how to taste and recognize a wine properly. All this in a truly authentic neighborhood, full of soul and character.
- We'll head across Poble Sec district, where locals hide from the tourist bustle to meet and chat after their work day, or get ready for the night.
- Your guide, a local wine lover, will take you on a journey through the stories behind our wines and its unique heritage, the techniques we use to create our wines, and little known facts about several of the wines you'll be enjoying.
- Your experience will include three stops with a progressive Urban Wine Tour, interesting knowledge, and most importantly: enjoyable conversations. Wine is of course an important social lubricant here in Catalunya!
- Enjoy up to 10 different tasters, including 7 different wines and pairings (cheese, ham, and some secret surprises).
- The tour includes pairings at each stop, but does not consist of a full meal. If you want to enhance your Urban Wine Tour experience, consider adding the food upgrade.
- This an opportunity for you to understand our culture through our wines.
- Small, intimate groups (up to 8 people)
We want you to ask questions, sample new wines, and finish the tour with an appreciation of our land, our wine, the personality of our venues, and the local people that will be drinking around us. We're excited to take you to a district that will show you the real Barcelona, its vibrant people, and its unique energy.
Our focus is to show you another side of Spanish wine, and another side of Barcelona. Authentic, colorful, and warm. Everyone has different ways of appreciating wine, and our philosophy is that everyone's perception is the right one. We won't tell you what you "should feel" about a wine, rather help you experience everything we and our people have to offer, so you can make your own conclusions. All of this in venues that are humble, and have a love and pride for conveying their hospitality to willing travelers.
When you choose our Catalan Appetizer Food Upgrade you get:
- Fresh salmon with avocado, cheese, and dill served on top of a slice of crusty toast (or alternative veggie option)
- A croqueta or a big mushrooms stuffed with foie (ideal pairing, but you may choose something else if you prefer)
- Olive & anchovy banderilla
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY SANT ANTONI & POBLE SEC DISTRICTS?
We chose these districts, often unknown by tourists, but loved by locals, so you can experience unique wines in a warm and special atmosphere.
Barcelona's history is strongly linked with Poble Sec: centuries ago, it was a huge garden where we produced most of the fruits and vegetables eaten inside the walls of the old town.
Sant Antoni is a residential area representing the trendy gastronomic center of Barcelona. Our most famous chefs have opened restaurants here over the last few years.
Today they represent the Catalán way of thinking, a home for social interactions, colorful people, and local trends. It is the perfect combination of authentic culinary tastes, local lifestyle, and freedom of expression.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 18:30 p.m. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our wine tour lasts for 2 ½-3 hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear.
Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And do not forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Barcelona again.