On our Secret Food Tours in Barcelona, you'll get to try the many different types of Spanish and Catalan typical culinary delights, guaranteed to get your taste buds tingling.
- Firstly, your local Barcelonian guide will take you to a little family cafe where you will try a homemade typical Spanish breakfast: Churros and hot chocolate
- Some tiny streets later, you will have the chance to taste and see the diversity of gastronomy in the local Market Hall, where you will get to try very tasty Spanish and Catalan cheeses and the famous Iberian Ham (jamón).
- Have fun and try to drink from a Porrón (you will find out on the day).
- You will understand the influence of other cultures in Spanish dishes in one of the most emblematic shops of the city, and master roasters since 1851.
- Learn the real origins of tapas and try some delicious examples in a family restaurant with some wine.
- Get closer to the Meditéranean sea by sitting around a table and drinking some fresh Sangria and authentic paëlla, in one of the most picturesque places in the city.
- Finally, have a look at the sea and finish this great adventure through the city close to the beach for a friendship toast with Cava wine.
- All tour along, your guide will teach you some great knowledge about both the history and the gastronomy to enhance the whole experience
- Oh, and of course there's our delicious Secret Dish too!
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY BORN AND BARCELONETA?
These two districts are very representative of the evolution that the city has been going through for centuries. They are one of the first districts to be part of what we nowadays call Barcelona.
La Ribera, most commonly called Born, has lived-though the most glorious period of the city's history, but also had its decline. Walking through the streets you will understand how important this district has always been. From being one of the symbols of Catalan war for independence in 1714 to be the center of design and gastronomic trends in Barcelona.
After this, we get closer to the sea in Barceloneta district, which used to be centre the old fishing market. You will try some of the freshest food of the city, and meet the proud locals who love their district and their culture.
How to book a tour with us
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 11am. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for three hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Your guide will stay with you throughout the tour, and you can make requests about any special dietary requirements such as any food allergies or foods you prefer to avoid eating. You can email us about your food needs prior to the tour, or you can inform your guide at the meeting location. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Barcelona again!