On our Secret Food Tours in Barcelona, you'll get to try the many different types of Spanish and Catalan typical culinary delights, guaranteed to get your taste buds tingling.
- Before you start exploring the mysterious medieval Barcelona, stop by one of the oldest bakeries in the city (1849), and try a typical catalan pastry.
- Some tiny streets later, you will have the chance to taste and see the diversity of gastronomy in the local Market Hall
- Your guide will make you knowledgeable about Iberian ham (2 types) and local cheeses (3 types)
- You will become an expert in the most important product of our gastronomy: olive oil (4 tastings)
- Have fun and try to drink from a Porrón (you will find out on the day).
- Learn how to properly order and eat tapas and try some delicious examples in a family restaurant with some wine. We are taking you to an authentic busy place, be ready for the experience!
- Get closer to the Meditéranean sea by sitting around a table and drinking some fresh Sangria and authentic paëlla, in one of the most picturesque places in the city.
- All tour along, your guide will teach you some great knowledge about both the history, the local culture, and the gastronomy to enhance the whole experience.
- Oh, of course there's our delicious Secret Dish too!
- Your guide will also provide you with plenty of recommendations for the rest of your stay and answer any questions you might have!
When you choose our upgraded drinks package you get:
- Montsant red wine
- Homemade vermouth (tasting size)
- Spanish digestive
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY BORN AND BARCELONETA?
These two districts are very representative of the evolution that the city has been going through for centuries. They are one of the first districts to be part of what we nowadays call Barcelona.
La Ribera, most commonly called Born, has lived-though the most glorious period of the city's history, but also had its decline. Walking through the streets you will understand how important this district has always been. From being one of the symbols of Catalan war for independence in 1714 to be the center of design and gastronomic trends in Barcelona.
After this, we get closer to the sea in Barceloneta district, which used to be centre the old fishing market. You will try some of the freshest food of the city, and meet the proud locals who love their district and their culture.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 11am. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3 to 3 and a half hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Barcelona again!