When you join our Secret Food Tours: Bangkok, you'll get to try a variety of different types of traditional Thai flavors and street foods, and discover what true Thai food really is.
- First, your friendly guide will take you to try a mouthwatering spicy basil chicken served over jasmine rice, a popular local dish.
- After our spicy first bite we'll switch it up with something sweet, as you'll get to enjoy sticky rice with mango from a beloved street food stall.
- Next, you'll walk around the colorful neighborhood and visit a beautiful local temple for a little sightseeing.
- Once you've taken in some of the sights, we'll sample a Thai classic: satay with peanut sauce, which you will get to try with a crisp and refreshing local beer.
- We'll then go to a cozy and classic style restaurant where your guide will get you a delicious homemade fishcake.
- Your guide will take you through the backstreets of Bangkok's Chinatown for the Secret Dish.
- Finally, your guide will lead you through the streets of Chinatown, tasting Asian desserts along the way. We'll show you around the undiscovered neighborhood with fascinating history before ending the tour.
If you choose our upgraded drinks package:
- One signature cocktail at the last stop.
Please note that the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations'n availability and weather.
WHY HUA LUMPHONG & BANGKOK CHINATOWN?
Chinatown and Hua Lumphong are known for conserving the best authentic street foods in Thailand that the local Thais love to eat daily. Everyone flocks to Chinatown in the evening to try unique foods that are unlike restaurant foods, which often manipulate flavors and ingredients in a way that results in a less authentic dish.
Hua Lumphong is a distinct, old-style neighborhood in central Bangkok with a variety of food stalls at the market. Your guide will go through some of the areas and interesting local lifestyle in this traditional district, where you'll get to try some of the foods as well.
You will be amazed by the crowded places and busy streets in Chinatown, which is a landmark destination for street foods, vendors cooking on the street, and a variety of ingredients and dishes that attract your eyes. You'll have the chance to discover our guide's neighborhood, the place where he grew up, in an area hidden away with old style terraced housing.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It's easy! You can book tickets online here. Tour run from Tuesday-Sunday at 6:00pm. We will send you the meeting place, we walk and eat for 3 hours or more, so wear comfortable shoes and be on time or early. Your guide stays with you the entire tour helping to navigate and cross streets. He will also respect a dish you may not be able to eat. Most of our stops make only one food, so we are unable to accommodate vegetarians at this time. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places for when you come back to Bangkok!