On our Secret Food Tour: Austin you'll try the city's most renowned food as well as the local favorites, giving you the best Austin has to offer.
- We'll meet outside at the Fareground, downtown Austin's beautiful and modern food hall.
- First up, you'll taste our local cuisine with some Central Texas pit-style BBQ brisket served with the best pinto beans ever.
- Up next is our slice on Austin Weird, a dichotomy of divergent tastes coming together to tantalize your taste buds in a way you'd never expect!
- On our stroll we'll say howdy to Willie Nelson, an Austin icon, and pass by where Austin City Limits is filmed.
- After which you'll learn about, and sample, the dish that we have been eating in this territory since 5000 B.C, a tasty chicken tamale.
- After several great bites, we'll take a stroll down Congress Ave to see and talk about some of our protected historic buildings.
- We'll round things out with our Secret bite that will have you wanting more and more as our last savory bite.
- Finally, we'll finish up with the city's best sweet treat, a Texas sized monster cookie.
If you choose our upgraded drinks package:
- Locally brewed beer
- Choice of a Tito's vodka or tequila cocktail
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
This area exemplifies the evolution of the city with protected historical landmarks surrounded by new construction. Austin is yesterday, today, and tomorrow, and one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the US. This area shows you quite clearly the roots of the city dating back to 1839.
Home to historical houses, theatres, and buildings, we'll pass by the old blacksmith shop, (now a yogurt shop), department stores, and warehouses. We'll also visit Willie Nelson, an Austin icon.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 2:45 p.m. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3-3 ½ hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Austin again.