When you come on our Athens Secret Food Tour, you will get to try many different types of Greek culinary delights.
- In Monastiraki Square, we will enjoy "koulouri," a traditional bread ring.
- Next is a must try Greek coffee.
- Then we visit the oldest bakery in Athens to sample a Greek cheese pie called "tiropita."
- At our next stop, a local spice shop, we learn about the fresh herbs and spices used in Greek cooking.
- Onto the local meat and fish market. Here we sample some fresh fish selections: shrimp, calamari, and sardines!
- After a taste of the sea, we’ll visit the vegetable market and try some Greek olives and extra virgin olive oil.
- At our next stop, we taste saganaki cesaria, a wonderful dish of eggs, cheese, sujuki (spicy sausage), and pastourma (local cured meat).
- Next we sample our unique cold appetizer, tzatziki, our favorite yogurt sauce.
- To end the tour we enjoy delicious galaktoboureko, a phyllo and custard creation.
- Oh, and of course there is our delicious Secret Dish too!
If you choose our upgraded drinks package:
- Glass of ouzo, our national anise-flavoured aperitif
- Glass of local red wine
- Glass of rakomelo (raki with honey and cinnamon)
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY Athens Downtown?
The downtown district is one of the most vibrant areas in Athens. Here is where you find the beating heart of Athens; flavors, sounds, and smells co-exist to create a unique area. The district is full of interesting old-fashioned shops, historic taverns, and traditional coffee shops. Here, new and old overlap in charming neighborhoods full of street art, and small artisan shops with quirky finds and offbeat homewares. If you’re looking for authentic local products, this is your paradise!
How to book a tour with us
Hi Foodies - These tours are currently only running for private groups, please contact us for more info
BOOK A PRIVATE TOUR
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It is easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 10:30 a.m. but we ask you to meet your guide at 10:15 a.m. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3 ½ to 4 hours, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Due to the nature of creating a well balanced and thoughtful gastronomy experience, many of our tours are unable to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Athens again!