When you come on our Amsterdam Secret Food Tour, you will get to try many different types of Dutch culinary delights.
- We will meet close to the Anne Frank House, where we will start with traditional homemade pancakes called "Poffertjes."
- After crossing one of the canals, we will stroll through the narrow streets of the Jordaan area, sampling some of the best Dutch cheeses.
- Then, we will visit a beautiful hidden garden courtyard, created for a calm space in a busy city.
- We will visit a local fishmonger and sample some herring and our traditional kibbeling consisting of battered chunks of fish.
- At the next stop we will taste the most local dish called Stamppot that we love to eat, especially in the cold wintertime.
- We will end the tour with the best dutch dessert that can't be missed: Our famous, original and delicious stroopwafel!
- Oh, and of course there is our delicious Secret Dish too!
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.
WHY Jordaan Area?
The Jordaan area has a long history of assissimlating merchants, sailors, workers, and immigrants. This open arm atmosphere combined with our quaint streets, and small canals named after flowers, have created a unique area within Amsterdam. Here, families have stayed for generations and they speak a dialect uniquely their own. Another treasure to spring out of this historic enclave is our traditional Dutch Folk music, "smartlap". In addition, the Jordaan area is connected to one off the most important canals in Amsterdam. As with many areas within the Netherlands, change is happening. Jordaan has been able to balance its rich cultural history with change time brings, so visitors to this area enjoy lively bars and restaurants along with quaint smaller more traditional business all within the same winding streets.
How to book a tour with us
A few customers have experienced their cards being declined, if this happens don't worry - just contact your bank or email us with the city, date and time of the tour, and how many adult/children tickets at [email protected] and we can send you another payment link.
*Please note if you are using a special promo code then enter it in the "Voucher Code" section before you select the amount of tickets you would like to purchase*
It's easy! You can book tickets online here. We begin our tours at 10 a.m. We will send you the meeting place details before the day of the tour. Our culinary tour lasts for 3 to 3½ hour, and each one involves some walking, so be sure to bring comfortable footwear. Your guide will stay with you throughout the tour, and you can make requests about any special dietary requirements such as any food allergies or foods you prefer to avoid eating. You can email us about your food needs prior to the tour, or you can inform your guide at the meeting location. And don't forget to bring a camera! You will want to remember these great places if you come to Amsterdam again!